• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front leaf spring recommendations

Thrudrew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco I.5
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone have any recommendations on front leaf springs to put on an 87 bronco ii? I’m doing a sas using a full width high pinion dana 44 from a 75 f250, it originally had leafs (seller kept them) and I’m thinking of keeping it that way for now. I’m planning on using it for crawling using 35’s or 37’s.

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
You'll certainly want something with a bit lower spring rate than what an F-250 had, I'd wager. Those may have been a negative arch spring (shackles in the front). Jeep-ish spring pack sounds about right, as far as vehicle weight goes. I'd probably dumpster dive for some Wrangler front springs and see how that went, then adjust as needed since there's a jillion aftermarket spring options for that platform.

Thrudrew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco I.5
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, I’ll probably start with stock wrangler springs. Eventually I’ll probably get aftermarket taller springs once I figure out how tall I want it and how I like the ride

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
One of the old school guys (Jim but don't remember his screen name) on here had a leaf spring setup. He mentioned using Wrangler springs but never mentioned if they were stock or lifted.

EDIT: I knew there was a link there for Jim's build. This rig works very well. We did the Dusey Ershim together back in the day.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals