• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front clip

GIJoe4500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have an 88 ranger that I've been working on here recently. I'm wanting to pull the front clip off so I can more easily work on the engine, clean up the frame, and remove all the un-needed stuff from my engine bay. I don't want to just go in and start unbolting stuff if there is an easy way to detach everything from the firewall forward.

Thanks in advance!

:headbang:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I believe the only way to really do this is to remove the fenders and then the whole front sub frame should be able to be unbolted from the firewall. But then you ahve to deal with the radiator and all of the wiring connected to the fenders and stuff... The front clip itself is easy just not all of the stuff attatched to it.

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you can take the front fenders, grill and hood off the rest of front clip (radiator support, and the brace) isn't bolted on it is spot welded on so to remove it you'll have to drill out the spot welds.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah there's something stupid like 2 dozen spot welds per side where the inner fenders attach to the cab. I discovered this recently when I was trying to pull an inner fender so I could better apply a sledge hammer to straighten it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals