• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front bumper fog light addition?

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know about the difference between fog lights and driving lights. Fog lights should be amber and mounted low. Driving lights should be clear and mounted higher up. I always find it funny that people call clear lights fog lights. I used to work in Chief Auto Parts, back before they all became Auto Zone. We sold two distinctly different kits, depending on what you wanted. Fog lights were always amber.

Yes, we get fog sometimes. Pretty heavy too. Mainly in the winter. When warm high humidity southern air tries to mix with cold dry northern air. Sometimes thick enough to cut with a knife. So yeah, I'm familiar with how lights work in the stuff.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Before I go shopping at junk yards, I'll see what I can find at places like CARiD. I have an account there. Actually have the piece that fits between the lights on a Wish List, along with a billet grill insert that fits inside it. If I can find a bumper there, with the fog light openings, I'll order it all at once. That'll clean up the front end a whole lot.

Y'all know, in that pic, the two small scoops on the passenger side, are directly over the large cone filter there. Two 1.5 holes under each. There are 25 1.5 holes under the center scoop, five of them directly over the steel 3 inch tube from the MAF to the TB. The other 20 all scattered over the intake manifold. It's as close as I can get to driving without a hood. The heat vents on the side, interesting story. During the winter, drove it one day with the vents full of snow. At around 45 -50 mph, eight chunks of snow came flying out of the vents and smacked the windshield halfway between the base and the top. Took a lot of pressure to accomplish that. On warm days, I can see heat waves shimmering over them. Same with the vents on my Mustang and Lightning.

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
Mine doesn't have any fog light holes in the bumper at all. I don't know if that's because it's a SPORT model, or what. Also mine is an XLT, and it doesn't have the holes. My front bumper looks nothing like the one that Dirtman posted.
No it won't, the bumper which you & I have on our model year truck is unique to 98-2000. The foglights are hung under the bumper surrounded by the valance.
20191105_165418_HDR (Large).jpg

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like that. Honestly, can't recall ever seeing one that looks quite like that one does. Probably going to be difficult to find one.

MXGerry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I added them to my 98. I dont recall wiring being there. I wired myself. Used 2 relays so they would shut off on high beams. Triggered one to light them with marker lights the one to break ground when high beams were applied. Found a set at local junkyard and grabbed brackets and even cut harness for back in case I broke them they would be easier to replace. I put amber bulbs in since my brush gaurd had a set of clear 4 inch round KC on it.
My buddy will be doing the same job for his new '98 project. Upon initial inspection, there seems no wiring for the fog lights. We'll just finish installing the new set of tires from 4Wheelonline plus alignment before we can work with the lighting installations.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
I like that. Honestly, can't recall ever seeing one that looks quite like that one does. Probably going to be difficult to find one.
The 4×4 rangers in 98-00 had the valance with the driving lights. On the 93-97 rangers, only the 4×4 rangers had the valance for the lights. Interesting about the wiring, on my 94 there is wiring plugs for the lights. If I installed those I would only need a switch and relay.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
deeman,

On your 08, what diameter are the round holes in your bumoer. I know a great set of lights that are not priced to put you in the poor house ..)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals