• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

found some jeep axles

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
The 3.73's are found mostly on low pinion D30's. They are usually under a Grand Cherokee.

All 4 cyl Wranglers have the 4.10 gear, And a High Pinion D30.
no.. most wranglers are low pinion, meaning their gears wont work on the high pinion axles.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
no.. most wranglers are low pinion, meaning their gears wont work on the high pinion axles.
87-95 had high pinions.....97 and newer were the low pinions. I already know the gears won't work...........hence the high pinion and low pinion!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
ok, yj's and some xj's are HP. he needs a yj d30 if he wants to run leafs. it's already set up for. right??

but you said all 4cyc wranglers, which includes 4cyc TJ's.. which would be LP. just don't want the guy to be looking at the wrong thing for the HP he wants.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ok, yj's and some xj's are HP. he needs a yj d30 if he wants to run leafs. it's already set up for. right??
some of them are, dont know which ones. but if they are, they'll be sprung under so you'll have to re-do the spring pads anyhow

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

but you said all 4cyc wranglers, which includes 4cyc TJ's.. which would be LP. just don't want the guy to be looking at the wrong thing for the HP he wants.
Correct....I get to typing and my fingers don't move as fast as my brain.

The YJ D30 has the spring pads (on the bottom "SUA"). But all had the CAD system, which he doesn't want. The GC is coils without the CAD...which is what he wants. Simply just cut the old bracketry off and weld on some spring pads as an SOA (Spring Over Axle) and he should be good. I am running YJ springs with some helper in them and a reverse shackle setup.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my point is, if it was in the same truck, your truck, a dana 30 would not have survived with what u have done to the 35, true or false
the nly thing done to my d35 is a true-trac and 4.10's and i have no doubt a d-30 would do everything ive done up to this point without trouble just like my d-35.

and ill say it again, NO i dont condone swapping in a d-30 into a ranger just to get a solid axle. its not worth it compared to the d-35.

if i happened to have a d-30 and no d-35 and i was planning on a 35" tire max i would probably do it.

the d35 and d-30 are both relatively weak axles no doubt about it, if i wanted to i could probably break both of them in my drive way if i tried hard enough.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Correct....I get to typing and my fingers don't move as fast as my brain.

The YJ D30 has the spring pads (on the bottom "SUA"). But all had the CAD system, which he doesn't want. The GC is coils without the CAD...which is what he wants. Simply just cut the old bracketry off and weld on some spring pads as an SOA (Spring Over Axle) and he should be good. I am running YJ springs with some helper in them and a reverse shackle setup.
you dont want a grand cherokee d-30, thay are ALL low pinion. what he will want is a 97+ cherokee d-30

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals