• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fordzuki's first flop

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
That was actually my buddie's son. Might have to take him wheeling with me from now on for a photographer. :icon_rofl:
Yeah, there's a guy on a local board who takes about 800 pictures when he's out wheeling. You it's kinda like time lapse, watching each and every rig tackle each obstacle. Nice if you're looking for something specific, but it sucks when you're waiting for the page to load... :annoyed:

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, there's a guy on a local board who takes about 800 pictures when he's out wheeling. You it's kinda like time lapse, watching each and every rig tackle each obstacle. Nice if you're looking for something specific, but it sucks when you're waiting for the page to load... :annoyed:
I try to just get "action" shots, and serious flex shots, but alot of the time I'm not behind the camera. It's kind of hard to get pics of yourself wheeling. :icon_rofl:

Here's a couple vids. Just shows a few attempts at the hill. The first one I'm trying to get back over to the right for the first part, thinking back, I'm sure the tierod was bent before the hillclimb, cause I was having a problem turning right. :icon_idea:

Should be a click the picture to load the video, photobucket style.

Haha. This is the first time seeing these as I post them. This one has a couple good attempts, this is third gear, low range, WOT. :D

I got a couple more if they upload.:annoyed:

I forgot about this too. My dad was messing around in a different spot and hit a rock, which sent him up on two tires for an instant, resulting in this.

Quick fix, nothing too exciting.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Well, I finally got a chance to really look it over tonight, and it looks like everything held up well. The only damage I could find, aside from the bent over flange on the windshield frame, was the cage knocked the dash when it hit, which dented the end of the dash, and now the cage sits over about a 1/4 inch at the front hoop. No cracked paint at any of the welds, no noticeable bends, looks real good. :icon_thumby: I'll just have to flop it onto the passenger side now to push it back.
The rear wheel area leak looks like just an axle seal, the brakelines are all still intact, and the resevoir is full, so it has to be gear oil. It's the only other fluid in that area. So I'll slide the axle out and through a new bearing and seal on it, hell, I might even try and straighten the housing while I'm at it, who knows.
The tie rod situation is going to get fixed the way it should have been built after the stock tierod bent. It's going high steer, and I'm making my own arms. I got some 3/4" flat stock :shok: and got the drivers side arm cut out and drilled for the knuckle tonight, I need to finish up the tierod end of the arm tomorrow night, and start in on the hard one, the passenger side, which will have provisions for both tierod and drag link, to get the draglink off the tierod. :icon_hornsup: I'll get some pics of the arms and post them up in the Fordzuki build thread.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals