• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford's U.S. sales down 20%

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ford Motor Co. reported today U.S. sales of 189,863 vehicles in September, down 20.5% compared to the same month a year ago as the automaker’s trucks and SUVs continued to slide.

Ford F-series sales for September fell 20.8% to 56,065, and Explorer sales dropped 31.9% to 10,690. The Escape was a bright spot with sales increasing 10.3% to 11,132.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071002/BUSINESS01/71002052/1014

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, this maybe a tad off topic, but i was going through Fords financial statements, and as of January 31st 2005 the high was $13.25 a share with a volume of 39,453,000 shares, and todays close was $6.26 with a volume of 1,411,400 shares:fie:

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
On the bright side... They'll let you order a 4.0 5 speed standard cab ranger again... but they won't let you get a blue truck with the tan interior...

Twitch57

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
On the dark side their supposed to discontinue the ranger

Fawk

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Recession time baby.

I love low stock prices. It allows me to buy more shares.

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Recession time baby.

I love low stock prices. It allows me to buy more shares.
Yea, well what will happen if the recession doesn't rise? Thats what you have to think about. Once a recession occurs, it takes a while for the market to redeem itself. I'm in an Accounting class at college, and we were talking about recessions the other day. Trust me, if i knew about the recession, and fords prices, i would buy a whole load of them. Just something to ponder about.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Yea, well what will happen if the recession doesn't rise?
It's never failed to recover in the entire history of our stock market. And, if it didn't, I'd take my money elsewhere.

EDIT: I have plenty of time to wait for it to recover....I don't plan on drawing out of most of my accounts for another 30 or 40 years.

Last edited:

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It's never failed to recover in the entire history of our stock market. And, if it didn't, I'd take my money elsewhere.

EDIT: I have plenty of time to wait for it to recover....I don't plan on drawing out of most of my accounts for another 30 or 40 years.
True...

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
the big three would have strong sales if their cars had good MPG's.how many of you guys are also guilty of having an import commuter in the garage?i'm not saying we should shrink and ruin the cars produced now but to build cheap economical cars here.i woulden't mind a model without all the latest gizmo's that got good mileage and was cheap.ranger sales would be better if they had a 4 cylinder turbo diesel model w/lockers that got 35 mpg's

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
the big three would have strong sales if their cars had good MPG's.how many of you guys are also guilty of having an import commuter in the garage?i'm not saying we should shrink and ruin the cars produced now but to build cheap economical cars here.i woulden't mind a model without all the latest gizmo's that got good mileage and was cheap.ranger sales would be better if they had a 4 cylinder turbo diesel model w/lockers that got 35 mpg's

Ummm....I just bought a Ford Focus that gets around 37 MPG....

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ill admit i was guilty of the import in the garage statement aswell, just didnt get 35mpg maybed 25 if i was lucky, still alot better then the old ranger which got 14 lol....guess its the fact that it was a twin turbo maxima that i didnt get freat mileage

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ill admit i was guilty of the import in the garage statement aswell, just didnt get 35mpg maybed 25 if i was lucky, still alot better then the old ranger which got 14 lol....guess its the fact that it was a twin turbo maxima that i didnt get freat mileage
I had one too, but parts availablity and a two week wait to order anything in kinda scared me away. I put two motor mounts ($80 a pop) and dampener pulley ($120, really the last straw after it left me stranded) in it, it took about two weeks for each item to come in. Alternator was a freaky thing I had to order and was a 2 day wait from the local parts store, getting a bum one the first time around added to the enjoyment (another two days to wait for another to come in). I was ordering the dealer only stuff (mounts and pulley) through the local Chrysler dealership, it may have been quicker through a Mitsubishi one but the closest one was a 60 mile hike away (I don't trust my Ranger for long trips) The frustrating part was I knew as I was setting at the dealership counter that I could have whatever part I was fussing with them over for my Laser, shipped next day at the local parts store for my Ranger... if they didn't already have it on the shelf. If it would have been a more mainstream import (Toyota or Honda) I wouldn't have had the option and would have had to hitch a ride to get parts up in Omaha, because I couldn't twist a local dealerships arm with my Plymouth stickers.

It was a 1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo, (rebadged Mitsubishi Eclipse), so I could squeek by and call it domestic in a pinch if I had to. Despite it's minor issues I wish I still had it though. 190hp, 29 mpg and a nice looking bodystyle (IMO) was a dangerous combination in a small 2dr car.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had one too, but parts availablity and a two week wait to order anything in kinda scared me away. I put two motor mounts ($80 a pop) and dampener pulley ($120, really the last straw after it left me stranded) in it, it took about two weeks for each item to come in. Alternator was a freaky thing I had to order and was a 2 day wait from the local parts store, getting a bum one the first time around added to the enjoyment (another two days to wait for another to come in). I was ordering the dealer only stuff (mounts and pulley) through the local Chrysler dealership, it may have been quicker through a Mitsubishi one but the closest one was a 60 mile hike away (I don't trust my Ranger for long trips) The frustrating part was I knew as I was setting at the dealership counter that I could have whatever part I was fussing with them over for my Laser, shipped next day at the local parts store for my Ranger... if they didn't already have it on the shelf. If it would have been a more mainstream import (Toyota or Honda) I wouldn't have had the option and would have had to hitch a ride to get parts up in Omaha, because I couldn't twist a local dealerships arm with my Plymouth stickers.

It was a 1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo, (rebadged Mitsubishi Eclipse), so I could squeek by and call it domestic in a pinch if I had to. Despite it's minor issues I wish I still had it though. 190hp, 29 mpg and a nice looking bodystyle (IMO) was a dangerous combination in a small 2dr car.
ya those are fun cars also, i did the maxima twin turbo conversion as it was the same powerplant as a TT 300zx, so parts for it werent hard to comeby, tell u what though until the auto tranny went, and i took all the turbo parts from the car and sent it to the giant magnet in the sky, that had to be the fastest 4 door car i had ever been in

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya those are fun cars also, i did the maxima twin turbo conversion as it was the same powerplant as a TT 300zx, so parts for it werent hard to comeby, tell u what though until the auto tranny went, and i took all the turbo parts from the car and sent it to the giant magnet in the sky, that had to be the fastest 4 door car i had ever been in
Dunno about where you are but imports are don't have near the following in small rural areas, my car only had 2-3 other cousins (between the Eclipse, Talon and Laser nameplates there was about one of each) that I saw around town, only one other was a turbo. Maximas are not that uncommon but a TT300ZX would be pretty rare down home.

Sworn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 FX4 Ranger
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the big three would have strong sales if their cars had good MPG's.how many of you guys are also guilty of having an import commuter in the garage?
NOT ME!!!!!!!!

In my 36 years i have NEVER owned a Japanese car! Admittedly though, I have owned more than my share of clapped out and beat up American hot rods..........

BTW the wife drives a Chevy. :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals