• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford's Answer to a Build Sheet Request

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Sent a request to Ford asking how to get a build sheet and window sticker for my 1987 Ford Ranger XLT. Here is the reply. Bottomline: Marti Auto Works now owns their 1967-2007 database. (Note: I did not ask about replacement parts...just the build sheet and window sticker)

Hello 1qaz,

My name is Jeffrey, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I have reviewed your email inquiring about the details and replacement parts for your 1987 Ford Ranger.

Marti Auto Works is the privileged licensee to Ford Motor Company's entire production database for the 1967-2007 model years. They can tell you everything about any Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury made in the United States or Canada during 1967-2007.
The Deluxe Report, in addition to giving you the complete factory option list and door data plate info, includes a simulation of your door data plate. You also get a list of significant dates in your car's history, including the day it was sold.

You'll even learn how many cars were made like yours; provide the statistical analysis for your car's model year & body style, sorted by:
> Exterior color
> Exterior/Interior comb
> Engine/Transmission
> DSO
> Plus any one option

The Deluxe Report is printed in full color, so it will look great framed, either hung on a wall or proudly displayed at your next car show.

You may reach Marti Auto Works at http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

Window stickers are also generated at the time of a vehicle's production. You may contact the original selling dealership of your vehicle to request an original window sticker for a nominal fee. Duplicate Window Stickers and other certificates of authenticity for your vehicle may also be purchased online at www.fordshowparts.com.

Furthermore, to buy a replacement part for your vintage Ford vehicle, please contact one of the following vendors, using your preferred method from below.

Green Sales Company
Phone: 1-800-543-4959 (with part number)
Phone: 513-731-3304 (without part number)

Vintage Parts
Phone: 1-877-846-8243

Parts Voice
Phone: 1-866-598-4077

Ford Restoration Parts:
www.fordrestorationparts.com

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like Ford decided it did not want the expense of keeping the data base up to date. But, I thought that there was a requirement for Ford to maintain the base for ten years.

Thanks for the FYI.

Last edited:

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
I dont see Ranger listed in their choices. I put other. 46.00 for a full report.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not new Ford not managing the older ones, kinda new (within the last 10 years anyway) them not being the middleman.

Here are the emails from when I got mine done in 2006.

05/04/06
Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write us, and we acknowledge receipt of your e-mail. We are currently addressing your inquiry and will be contacting you within 3 business days.

Please note that if you sent any attachments with your e-mail, for security and virus protection, they were stripped from your e-mail and we did not receive them. If you feel that they are required to investigate your inquiry, please summarize the information in the body of your e-mail. Or, you may send a letter and mail the attachments directly to us at:

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center

P.O.Box 6248

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Sincerely,

Ford Motor Company

05/05/06
Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding build sheets for your 1985 Ford Ranger and your 2002 F-150.

We have initiated the required research to respond to your inquiry. We hope to have a final answer for you shortly and will keep you apprised as to the status of your request via email.

Thank you for your patience.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Tiffany
Ford Motor Company
05/09/06
Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding build sheets for your 1985 Ford Ranger and your 2002 F-150.

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, we do not have the information that you have requested immediately available. As a result, we have submitted a request to our Research Team who will respond to your inquiry. A build sheet for your 2002 F-150 should be mailed to you within the next 10 business days. Due to the age of your 1985 Ford Ranger, the request for a build sheet will take approximately 6-8 weeks to process through a 3rd party. We appreciate your patience.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Tiffany
Ford Motor Company
And then for giggles they sent me this on 08/19/06. Not sure if I initiated it by asking what the deal was the holdup or not.

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the build sheet for your 1985 Ford Ranger.

We have initiated the required research to respond to your inquiry. We hope to have a final answer for you shortly and will keep you apprised as to the status of your request via email.

Thank you for your patience.

In addition, your vehicle,1FTCR11S0FUBxxxxxx, is involved in a recall/customer satisfaction program - 86E52 - Evaporative Control System Vapor Return Line. Please contact your Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealership right away to schedule an appointment to complete the work.

Sincerely,
Alice
Ford Motor Company
The date on my F-150 one is 05/08/06, my Ranger is 09/11/06 (6 years to the day after I first got insurance on it BTW)

I never did take it in an get that evaporative control line fixed, maybe I should. :icon_rofl:

I know on the later model stuff you can plug the VIN into a thing online and it will spit out a window sticker, no way on something like a first gen. I wouldn't mind finding a 1985 one and scanning it and fudging in my current truck specs though. :icon_twisted:

I wonder since Marti does so many Mustangs and probably most of the requests are Mustangs they just let them have everything. If there was a way to know what you got for a Ranger it would be neat to see what they give you for $46. I think about the only thing on there that is the same as when Ford built mine is the 4wd and wheelbase though.

Last edited:

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It would be neat to get information for rare trucks such as an STX High Rider or GT and unusual combinations such as my deceased '92. It had some weird combination of option: 2.3 4x4 long bed XLT, big chrome mirrors, 2 tone tan paint with tan interior, first long bed ranger that I've seen to have the optional bigger 19.6 gas tank, 10" rear drums on the 7.5 rear, manual t-case & hubs. Pretty unusual combo as fare as rangers go imo. I have a picture of the VIN from the '89 STX extended cab that I pulled my high rider lift off of that would also be neat to get a window sticker for. That was a cool truck, factory black with black STX stripes, grey interior, 5 speed with manual t-case. Shame it ended up in the junkyard.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not new Ford not managing the older ones, kinda new (within the last 10 years anyway) them not being the middleman.

Here are the emails from when I got mine done in 2006.
Credit where credit is due...85_Ranger4x4 inspired me to reach out to Ford. Thanks for sharing those '06 responses.

I'm still debating the $46 investment but know my restoration won't be complete without it. Welcome to the information revolution.

It would be neat to get information for rare trucks such as an STX High Rider or GT....
Indeed!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Marti has been handling this for Ford for years. I am surprised that Ford isn't doing some of the later 90s and early 2000s model years. Probably has something to do with the way that their licensing agreement with Martini is worded.

I'm not sure that I think a Ranger is worth spending the money for a Marti report. Maybe if it was a somewhat rare truck like one of the Saleen trucks, a Shadow Ranger, or maybe a GT. I'm not even sure that the first two would show anything special on a Marti since they weren't factory options.

I would like to have a Marti for something like Dad's old F-100 to see how it was optioned from the factory. I know it's on the third body, first was gone well before we ever had it. Be nice to have a report as a "shopping guide" when looking for it's 4th body and a general guideline for resto-modding it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Kinda depends on if it is worth it to you more than if the vehicle is worth it.

For some of us, our Rangers are "the one" so to speak. Even though mine has little to nothing in common with the truck that came off the line it would be very interesting to see what it started as.

Sure I want a Mustang, it will never take the Ranger's spot though. :icon_twisted:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My 84 was one of "the ones" until I totaled it. I know what it was, a base model Fleet truck. It mattered more to me what it was after the build. What I cared about on that truck was the stuff after it left the factory. The time that my dad owned it in the late 80s and early 90s, the time it spent with the extended family in the late 90s, and the time I owned it in the 2000s. It's not worth having a Marti report, I already know everything that matters about it.

The 86 I'm slowly building will be another of "the ones" and is about the same. I don't know it's history, but I know what I want it to become and nothing on a Marti report will matter.

For the most part you can look at a Ranger and see what it was when it left the factory. What that doesn't tell can be found by looking at the door tag if it still exists. Now if I suspected that it had some important history, I'd be ordering a report. Like if it were showing obvious signs of missing a body kit, I might suspect it of being a stripped GT or Thunderbolt depending in the year model. Also if it had the parts for one if those (or a Saleen, Shadow, Big Foot, etc), but just looked off, I might order a Marti to verify its pedigree.

Now for something older like the case of the f-100 you can't really tell what it might have started as. On those the frame is the truck. You can put any body on that frame that you want it's still the same truck. I know that the current body on ours is a Camper Special, but it could have started life as a Ranger package or a base model. There is really no way to tell without a report.

As for the sheet that shows how one-of-a-kind it is. Don't care, it's mine so it's as one-of-a-kind as it needs to be.

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
I got a build report from Ford for my 69 Fairlane Cobra before they stopped providing them. It was not very accurate. I also have a Marti Report and it seems to be very accurate. I guess you get what you pay for. The Ford report was free.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals