• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford rolling out new Bronco on OJ Simpsons birthday.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And before that, everything was black. Ford owners must have been thrilled to have something other black for paint.
Any color you want as long as it is black gray!

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Jeep Wrangler and Tacoma are segment leaders and I suspect that may be part of the reason why.

Ram has some neat color options too... I have been leaning towards one of those.
I don't think most people would ditch buying a vehicle they would otherwise want just because it doesn't come in the perfect color. I wouldn't anyways.

Wranglers a segment leader because it is THE offroader. There isn't a bigger legacy for American offroader than the wrangler. Putting 4 doors on them certainly helped their sales too im sure.

The Tacoma's another segment leader simply because.. Toyota Tacoma. The taco's lineage enjoys nearly as large of an offroad legacy as the wrangler does. Now Toyota's putting in crawl control and other techy toys that people love.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Ford is banking on the New Bronco and next gen Ranger to change all that. From what I can see... they're gunning hard for a good share of both those segments.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't think most people would ditch buying a vehicle they would otherwise want just because it doesn't come in the perfect color. I wouldn't anyways.

Wranglers a segment leader because it is THE offroader. There isn't a bigger legacy for American offroader than the wrangler. Putting 4 doors on them certainly helped their sales too im sure.

The Tacoma's another segment leader simply because.. Toyota Tacoma. The taco's lineage enjoys nearly as large of an offroad legacy as the wrangler does. Now Toyota's putting in crawl control and other techy toys that people love.
Some variety would be nice though.

Wrangler is the segment leader because it is THE offroader just like Mustang is the sales leader because it is the THE ponycar. Just like many of the V6 and I4 Mustangs will never see a track many Wranglers will never see offroad. They are cute and come in fun colors.

Taco was second fiddle before and it could be again. Ranger outsold it from 1987 until around 2005. It is nothing really special offroad either.

Ranger has a similar techy traction control thing with a better powertrain and a ZR2/Bison would pummel it offroad with real tires and dual lockers.

Ford is banking on the New Bronco and next gen Ranger to change all that. From what I can see... they're gunning hard for a good share of both those segments.
They really stepped out of the box with Saber and the similar color they have for the Bronco.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
No Bronco for me. I won't even see its launch. I saw TFL was complaining online because they were uninvited to the launch. Not quite sure what that was all about.

People are crazy wanting to be the first person to show new pictures of it. I quit. I'm tired of all the leaked photo nonsense. It will be here soon enough. I'm patiently waiting.

I do need to email Ford this week and get some Bronco and Bronco II production numbers. I've found bad info online that keeps getting reposted. I need to clarify the numbers.

This automotive stuff gets so tiring. I started sharing Ranger stuff online 21 years ago as an enthusiast that loves Rangers. It was a hobby. Now there are so many people with blogs and youtube channels trying to get free stuff (for themselves) or strike it rich online. I felt weird just asking Ford to loan me a Ranger.

This brings me to something else. My biggest regret about the Ford Ranger Media Drive I went to in California in 2018.

Fred William's was there from 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine. I recognized him, even though I had never met him. For some reason I figured he'd be some arrogant guy since he's been around for so long, and I never made an effort to approach him because I'm just some guy with a website. But as the evening went on, I realized that he was just a quiet chill guy that nobody was talking to, and really kick myself in the ass for not having the nuts to go up and talk to him.

It will be nice to see a Bronco in person. I spent several days with my daughter helping her shop for a Jeep Wrangler 4-door. She finally got one. I can see why people get so infatuated with them. My daughter was talking about getting new wheels and tires before we even left the dealership.

Here's the Jeep she got:

View attachment 44273

And here's the one I was eyeballing:

View attachment 44274
What you gonna do once Ford wants their Ranger back? Do you plan on upgrading to a new Ranger or Bronco? Or go fish out another long forgotten RBV that's 30+ years old? I'm liking the old stuff, and the cost of the new Ranger and Bronco leave me out of the game until they're....yeah about 30 years old LOL. Curious as to what plans you have once the Ranger has to be handed back over, or have they forgot you have it LOL.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Some variety would be nice though.

Wrangler is the segment leader because it is THE offroader just like Mustang is the sales leader because it is the THE ponycar. Just like many of the V6 and I4 Mustangs will never see a track many Wranglers will never see offroad. They are cute and come in fun colors.

Taco was second fiddle before and it could be again. Ranger outsold it from 1987 until around 2005. It is nothing really special offroad either.

Ranger has a similar techy traction control thing with a better powertrain and a ZR2/Bison would pummel it offroad with real tires and dual lockers.

They really stepped out of the box with Saber and the similar color they have for the Bronco.
True, the Wrangler is only selling good because well its the only thing available in the US that can be driven off the lot and onto a trail without a bunch of modifications being needed....I'm hoping the new Broncos take away a lot of FCA's rainbow...their stuff is just well boring really. If they would have made the new Gladiator a 2 door and gave it a 6-1/2 to 7 foot bed I would have been looking at one, but there's just nothing like that anymore. Everything is extended cab or crew cab with a bed the size of a suitcase it seems. The Gladiator & Wrangler are getting so bloated and expensive they're a long ways off from their intended purposes. Maybe the next Ranger redesign will give us some more fleet type options with the options to get basic stuff for a work truck...although I guess the XL Ranger currently isn't too bad, I just worry about the longevity of the Turbo 4 cylinder over the long term, if I sink that much into a new vehicle its gotta last 20+ years without major problems. They're too new to know yet unfortunately. That as well as the new transmissions. Course by the time I can afford a used current production Ranger it'll be in about 30 years...if they have any still rolling on their own power by then LOL. Time will tell....My 87 Ranger is gonna just have to live an extremely long life for me I guess HAHA!!!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
The "Loan Ranger" went back to Ford long ago...

I know others aren't convinced... But I myself have high expectations for the next Gen Rangers. Time will tell...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

I know others aren't convinced... But I myself have high expectations for the next Gen Rangers. Time will tell...
I think it is a great truck for what is.

I wish the back seat wasn’t so cramped in a super crew for rear facing car seats and that you could get a 6’ bed in a super crew for big... things.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I think it is a great truck for what is.

I wish the back seat wasn’t so cramped in a super crew for rear facing car seats and that you could get a 6’ bed in a super crew for big... things.
I don't care for the back seat anyhow, so the extended cab with the 6 foot bed would be what I'd go with. Someday maybe LOL.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo

I sure hope the next gen ranger will be good. I really haven't had the need for a full size truck for several years, and I love my old Ranger and Bronco 2 so I kinda wanna get something newer at some point, just finding one as plain as I can is going to be the problem, it seems most have a lot of add-on bells and whistles when people buy them. So it'll be interesting to try and find a base XL without add-ons. Just basic with 4WD would be great, don't even need to be 4WD really since I have my Jeep and Bronco 2, and I hardly use 4WD anyhow, so having a 2WD pickup isn't too big of a deal.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hell, I'm not so sure we have the right to defend ourselves here.
Well if dummies would follow the constitution instead of the dip shits in the chain of command...... my bad, my bad.... got a little worked up there.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I wonder when the government is gonna force me to start bathing...
Government wants you to be a dirty peasant. Why would they force you to be anything more than that? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Pretty easy for Ranger to outsell Tacoma from '87 to '95, anyway. Tacoma didn't exist. And before you tell me that it did, the truck was the Hilux prior to '95.5, but it was an entirely different truck (Hilux is still sold elsewhere in the world).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals