• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Performance Tune

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
So I was just reading through @puckdodger post and did not want to clog his up with potentially unwanted comments/discussion on a tune that appears unavailable in his AOR. Can anyone comment here that has had the Ford Performance Tune done? Does anyone have any real facts/hard data on the Ford Performance Tune as far as MPG? My 20 FX4 is completely stock and depending upon time of year (fuel additives) I get 21-22 MPG which is a full mix of driving environments and moderate hauling/towing. Mostly daily to work, 40 miles 1 way. Some 4 lane, back road, and interstate. Please anyone who has had this done reflect on your opinions. I do not necessarily need more power, but I don't not need more power either.... :) Mainly looking to pick up some MPG. I also have only run 93 Top Tier fuel since the day it was new. Also is at 38k + miles so out of basic only powertrain remaining.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
A lot of people have reported increased fuel economy with a tune. Mainly ones that focus on the TQ side of things, and move the TQ curve lower in the revs.. the livernois towing tune comes to mind.

Unsure about the FP tune.

If your focusing on the Ford tune due to warranty reasons.... 5 star performance tunes come with an optional (I believe) warranty for your motor. A member on the 5g site had a very aftermarket truck with a 5 star tune, his motor ended up tossing a rod through the block, and 5 star replaced it.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Mind you... the people who are reporting increased mpgs are driving like grandma.. but still. If you like to "get in it"... definite fuel economy loss.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals