2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
Just wondering (for future reference) if anyone of you has swapped or looking at swapping a set of seats from a Ford Focus. Specifically looking at the Focus up graded Recaro seats. If the seat frames from the Focus seats unbolt from the seat, it doesn't look like it would take a lot to adapt them. They appear to be smaller than the normal Explorer seats, and I would think they would fit much better than the big Explorer seats.
My inquiring mind wants to know!!!
Grumpaw

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

6gun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'm not afraid of dying, not living terrifies me!
I currently have a set of ZX-2 seats in the Garage and a set of brackets for a '95 standard cab. The plan was to put them in my '99 standard cab but I have ran into nothing but issues so far. The ZX-2 seats mounting pattern is substantially different than the Ranger brackets. Not insurmountable but will require some engineering. Luckily, that's what I do!

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pics would be helpful. Did you make an adapter plate for the seats?

6gun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'm working on it as we speak! As of right now I'm thinking that 4 pcs of 3/16" X 1" flat, 18"(2pcs per seat) long will be sufficient to get me where I want. Hopefully before I go to bed tonight I will update this thread with pictures. Heading back to town now to pick up the flat bar and more bolts.

6gun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Driver's seat is in :yahoo:! Once I got a plan it was fairly easy, although by time it was installed I had already came up with ways to do it better:unsure:. I'm working on trying to load the pictures but basically I took two pieces of 3/16" X 1" X 18" long and bolted them across the bottom of the ZX-2 seats. Then I drilled a hole 1.25" to the inside of where the ZX-2 rails would have been. Then I bolted the '95 rails to the cross piece spaced out properly to bolt into my Ranger. I utilized a 1" long piece of 2"X2"X 1/4" angle with a hole drilled in each leg to bolt my seat belt to the bottom of the seat. I would love to help someone do a tech write up because these seats are cheap, easy to find and a perfect size match for Rangers!