• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Ending Production of the Ranger in Dec.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Here's the linkage:

For Ending Ranger Production in Dec.

I hope this is wrong. But Ford should be doing something for a replacement.

Heck, I'd take a "world Ranger" with an Ecoboost & a stick shift!

They need to make the Ranger cool again.

tbirdsps

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm surprised that they will continue that long. Apparently sales are good.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well they did announce that there were not going to be any more Rangers way back in Jan '08' but never mentioned a drop-dead date. Sales may not be good but have too many parts to get rid of rather than scrap them - who knows.
Dave

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Here's the linkage:

For Ending Ranger Production in Dec.

I hope this is wrong. But Ford should be doing something for a replacement.

Heck, I'd take a "world Ranger" with an Ecoboost & a stick shift!

They need to make the Ranger cool again.

Dude, where you been? This has been discussed about a zillion time on this site. The 20011 is the last year for Ranger. The European market is the ripe market for the 4 door Ranger and always has been. This is my biggest peeve about Ford and why I have said over and over again I will never buy a new Ford ever AGAIN!!! Ford has a lost me and a lot of other loyal buyers now due to this. So many other companies have given America a compact 4 door truck......but not FORD!!! I will buy another older Ford but not a new Ford. Ford has not impressed me at all.

Daniel C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just hate the fact that they are discontinuing the Ranger. It sucks. But I will always drive FORD !

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dude, where you been? This has been discussed about a zillion time on this site. The 20011 is the last year for Ranger. The European market is the ripe market for the 4 door Ranger and always has been. This is my biggest peeve about Ford and why I have said over and over again I will never buy a new Ford ever AGAIN!!! Ford has a lost me and a lot of other loyal buyers now due to this. So many other companies have given America a compact 4 door truck......but not FORD!!! I will buy another older Ford but not a new Ford. Ford has not impressed me at all.
Uhh, by normal standards a truck produced in December of 2011 is a 2012... which would be news since 2011 was supposed to be the last year (they could still buck tradition and drag the model year out though) And yes this has been discussed at length for something like 5 years this is the first time that I know of that a date has been set. Since the article is dated today I think it might be fairly fresh news.

I never have understood the quad cab compact truck craze. Ok, you have four real doors but you have a nearly worthless bed. Only real perk over a SUV is you don't have to worry about spilling your lawn mower gas can inside the car. If I got a crew cab it would be a fullsize so I can still have a decent bed... but I am more than thrilled with the seating capablity of my mere extended cab F-150.

Last edited:

sllib

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I heard a rumor last year that when Ford stopped production on the Ranger they would start with a larger truck, similar to the old F100 Ranger. I've always liked the F150 but when they started to get bigger in 2004 I lost interest as I'm single, fully intend to stay that way and don't need a big truck (little back seat is OK). I've also heard that rumor denied on one of the truck sites, so who knows what Ford will do. But...if they build a new F100 I'll buy.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Uhh, by normal standards a truck produced in December of 2011 is a 2012... which would be news since 2011 was supposed to be the last year (they could still buck tradition and drag the model year out though) And yes this has been discussed at length for something like 5 years this is the first time that I know of that a date has been set. Since the article is dated today I think it might be fairly fresh news.

I never have understood the quad cab compact truck craze. Ok, you have four real doors but you have a nearly worthless bed. Only real perk over a SUV is you don't have to worry about spilling your lawn mower gas can inside the car. If I got a crew cab it would be a fullsize so I can still have a decent bed... but I am more than thrilled with the seating capablity of my mere extended cab F-150.
I have many friends with a compact 4 door 2wd or 4wd and they love the heck out of them. Take the family camping and boating and wheeling on the weekends. They just love the trucks and I have driven several of my buddies trucks and I really like them. I took my buddies 4 door 08 Tacoma 4wd out for a weekend a few times and my family had a great time. Lots of room and lots of power!!! I don't need a 7 ft bed. I can put bikes in my 99 Ranger Supercab bed just fine. I can use a smaller bed as well since I have no real use for it. I have a roof rack and I have my bed extender if I do want to haul anything long. Just don't need to very often enough. I just will never need a full size truck.

From what has been understood about the end of the Ranger..it looks like there will be no 2012 model here in America. I asked my brother-in-law about this. He has been with ford for over 32 years. He told me this three years ago. So we will have to wait it out and see, eh??

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Ford has not impressed me at all.
What's your point?

God Himself could walk up, shake your hand, and you wouldn't be impressed.

You want a compact 4 door truck from Ford? They made one for about 6 years. Didn't sell well, so they stopped making them.

I am going to challenge you now to comment on one post that doesn't tell you how awesome you or one of your trucks are without whining about something and telling us how one of your "friends" says the OP is wrong.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
What's your point?

You want a compact 4 door truck from Ford? They made one for about 6 years. Didn't sell well, so they stopped making them.

I am going to challenge you now to comment on one post that doesn't tell you how awesome you or one of your trucks are without whining about something and telling us how one of your "friends" says the OP is wrong.
I already met and talked with GOD. He was impressed with me. He told me when the end of the world will be. I hate the Sport Trac. I never even test drove one. I wanted the Ranger 4 door to be here in America. I think us Ford people deserved one here.

I really don't give a f**c what you think. I have had more cars and trucks and bikes then you ever will. I have never had any issues with any of my vehicals and I am very proud to say that. I have built all my cars, bikes and trucks. Most people will never ever to the things I have done in my lifetime or see the world as I have or speak as many languages as I do fluently. I have ridden bikes and drove cars and trucks all over the world. Most people will never get to do that.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
What's your point?

repped!

*not repped. Jim won't let me, says i gotta spread it around

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
yummm.... spread it... like hot butter.... across my face.... ughhh.... god.....
i like the global ranger but.... ya... it would be convenient, and i dont need a long bed or i'd of bought a bed extender or a ladder rack or a bigger truck... im just not a big fan of what they did to the front end of global ranger. i like the fact that i will have to make a real third seat thats child-teenage size if i ever want me my wife and my son to ride together in it. which wont happen, im more concerned with evening my suspension out front to back and getting this gas whore under control. i swear i drove 40 miles today at 70 mph and my tank went from 1/4-0. thats 15 bucks in gas. 60 is a fillup on this little girl. if i want a diesel that bad with good mileage, ill give one of the members here a blowjob and some money to drop a 4bt in.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have many friends with a compact 4 door 2wd or 4wd and they love the heck out of them. Take the family camping and boating and wheeling on the weekends. They just love the trucks and I have driven several of my buddies trucks and I really like them. I took my buddies 4 door 08 Tacoma 4wd out for a weekend a few times and my family had a great time. Lots of room and lots of power!!! I don't need a 7 ft bed. I can put bikes in my 99 Ranger Supercab bed just fine. I can use a smaller bed as well since I have no real use for it. I have a roof rack and I have my bed extender if I do want to haul anything long. Just don't need to very often enough. I just will never need a full size truck.

From what has been understood about the end of the Ranger..it looks like there will be no 2012 model here in America. I asked my brother-in-law about this. He has been with ford for over 32 years. He told me this three years ago. So we will have to wait it out and see, eh??
I do like that I can have a toolbox (to keep ratchet straps, receivers, recovery straps... misc truck stuff) in either truck and my bike still fits though.

The new model year rolls out in the fall of the previous year, it is up to Ford if they want to call them an '11 or '12. Same truck as a '98 so it really doesn't matter what is on the registration anyway. People that have "a lot of time with Ford" also knew that they were coming out with a F-100... which got canned. Either way I will believe it when I see it and not what so-and-so heard 3 years ago from who-knows-who. Heck, originally the Ranger was supposed to die in '09. :rolleyes:

If I was worried about taking the kids camping and nothing more I would get an SUV and not look back. We did most of our camping with a 1994 Explorer growing up, you wanna talk about room in the cab... don't go there. Didn't have to worry about people stealing our gear during a pit stop or the weather getting to it either because it was INSIDE the car. Kinda makes me wonder where would have kept the cooler when we were camping in Yellowstone if we had a 4dr pickup... would have been an absolute riot to shuffle in and out of the cab at every stop.

I hate the Sport Trac. I never even test drove one. I wanted the Ranger 4 door to be here in America. I think us Ford people deserved one here.
That is exactly what the first generation Sport Trac is.

They changed the front clip a little, tail lights alot and the back of the cab even more... once you get past that it is as RBV as a 95-01 Explorer. Frame and rear suspension is set up a little different, big whoop. Makes it more stable which is a good thing on a more passenger oriented vehicle.

Last edited:

jhammel85

At this point the Ranger ending production is beating a dead horse. It really sucks, that's for sure, but hopefully Ford hasn't given up on the small truck market yet...

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
I hate the Sport Trac. I never even test drove one. I wanted the Ranger 4 door to be here in America. I think us Ford people deserved one here.

I really don't give a f**c what you think. I have had more cars and trucks and bikes then you ever will. I have never had any issues with any of my vehicals and I am very proud to say that. I have built all my cars, bikes and trucks. Most people will never ever to the things I have done in my lifetime or see the world as I have or speak as many languages as I do fluently. I have ridden bikes and drove cars and trucks all over the world. Most people will never get to do that.
You seem to like arguing. For arguments sake. Do you think I care how many vehicles you had, drove vehicles from around the world or how many languages you speak fluently? No. Do you think I care how many vehicles you built? No. Will I ever do the things you have done? Probably not, but why should that bother me.

When the nearest thing to a 4 door Ranger America had that has been discontinued, do you think an actual 4 door Ranger would sell? Probably not. The reason Toyota sells theirs is mostly because of the name and their reputation of having good, if not some of the best, stock 4wd trucks. I don't know how true that is anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals