• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford drive cycle

bbbb51

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Whats wierd is I hve disconnected the battery lots of times and I dont remember this problem. Last year when i went for emmisions they told me it wasnt ready or whatever. Took 3 dyas of trying to do the drive cycle to get itnot to hae that code. Well I disconnected the battery again and same trip I have been trying for days to get it to clear the p1000 code to no avail.I wish there was some shortcut that someone knew and they would turn me on to it, to get this thing cleared. I have been reading and it seems late 96 or so explorers had a short cut way of clearing the p1000. Anywy guess I am done ranting.

jdm_farmboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
Does your state actually run codes for the emissions check or did they look inside your cab and see the Check engine light on? they don't really run codes you could always pull the lightbulb, but I don't know how hard that is for your truck.

bbbb51

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Here in new mexico they connect to your OBD11 port to run the emissions test.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
To clear the code, you need to run a I/M readiness test or go through the drive cycle. The drive cycle will take 30 mins to do. All you need to do is to go on a cruise around the backroads. Be sure to use only part-throttle (0~90%) and in slow movements. Also speeds need to range from 45 to 65 mph and a minute or two at idle.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals