• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Dealership

blkmazda90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So I went into ford to see my normal part guy and get a splined washer that holds axle shaft out to reach the hub. the one that grabs the snap ring.

Well anyways I see that the guys not there and theres some retard behind a counter that doesnt have a clue. First i tell him what I need. He then ask if its 4x4:icon_confused:...Nooooo i need a retainer washer on a axle shaft in the FRONt for a 2wd truck..durr

He then tells me they dont make em anymore. my trucks too old now i guess.
Anybody work at a ford dealership that can tell me if you guys really stopped making these??

Thanks

michowski

Reaction score
they dont cuz I just bought one in fall.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i dont know, but today i called autozone to see if they had an output seal for my front differential, they asked if it was 4x4, i wish i said no, then casually left while they were looking forever.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
He couldn't find it and didn't want to look any dumber. Like all jobs in life, there are some people who just aren't cut out to be a parts man. I can't believe for one second that they'd discontinue that until around 2013 at the earliest. I'd go back and talk to the regular guy.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i can check tomorrow if youd like, but i really wouldnt be surprised if he was right..they stopped making the D35 axle shafts after all....

what you need to do is have him look the part up, then check around at other dealerships. even though they may no longer be in production, that doesnt mean noone has a few laying on a shelf somewhere.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im a parts guy at a chevy, toyota, bmw dealer. i know what your talking about, we currently have two lazy idiots, tell people what they need (wrong!), and if they cant find it they say its discontinued, and make up a story on why they discontinued it. i used to be on the counter, but then our wholesale customers stopped calling because of the idiots, so they put me as the only wholesale salesman, then, they moved me to purely the shop( the hot seat!!!) because i was the only one the techs would want to talk too. in your case, i would go back until you see the good parts guy there. even ask for him, a lot of customers ask for me when they come in, and nobody gets offended. or ask for his direct phone line. the lazy ones are glad they didnt have to do anything but play on their cell phones.

blkmazda90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
He did show me on the computer that it said NR (not replaceable)

Krugford-And the regular guy got done.

Wicked, check that if ya dont mind and post back on here. I was also thinking the same thing about some laying around. i just bought some a month ago and somehow broke it.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
alright, ill check for you.

to tell you guys the truth...i lost those washers and c-clips back when i converted my truck to manual hubs (back in, what, 04?) and i havnt had a problem running without them :dunno:

....yet...:derisive:

blkmazda90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
no problems really?? My 4wd wont work without em.. axle shaft slides in to far and wont grab hub

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im sure its only a matter of time before i strip either the inside of the hub or the end of an axle shaft....i should really stop by the jy and pick those parts up.

ive wheeled it pretty hard for plenty of miles without those clips though...

blkmazda90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
well I didnt have 4wd for the longest time and finally decided to pick em up. when I took it apart the shaft was almost completely hidden in the spindle.

Took a pry bar and pryed it out(that shaft came out like a bitch) put both sides in and then i had 4x4 again. Then about a month later it quit working and checked right side and washer was broke in half plus i think hubs junk.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im running mine the same way as Wicked_Sludge. So far I havent had any problems and I can turn lock to lock no issue.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
I was under the impression dealerships could do a search to see if any other dealers had a particular part?

Is this not the case anymore?

When I did my Elec to Manual T-case conversion I needed the T-case shifter assy and a local dealer searched and found one left in the US located in Washington State.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
they can, but lazy parts guys dont. thats what i was suggesting in my first post.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
That washer and c clip keep the dust seal on the axle shaft sealed to the back of the spindle. Without it on my truck the axle comes out of the hub and you get a nice buzzing noise as the splines clash together.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals