• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Cooling System Hoses

jcrow123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What the heck is ford's problem, really expensive molded cooling system hoses.
Really well made hoses but the OEM hoses are a tangle, especially heater hoses that run over the top of the engine getting in the way of everything. Especially the upper radiator hose that runs right on top of the alternator. Does anyone make hoses that can be routed away from things like the oil filler cap and the alternator. Frustrated by these rather obvious design faults. Gahh! :headbang:

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You'd need to use brass plumbing hose connectors and bulk hose from parts store. Can be done.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
There are metal coils out there that can be used to make bulk hose form to any shape you want.

I agree that the heater hose routing on the 3.0 Rangers sucks, but keep in mind that some idiot took an engine designed for use in a front wheel drive car and shoved it in a rear wheel drive truck. Everything looks like it was put in and routed in the stupidest possible fashion because the engine is rotated 90* from its original design intent.

jcrow123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_confused:Yah, I think I'll just get some bulk hose and make my own. I really thought the aftermarket would have come up with a kit of some sort. But What the hey.. It wouldn't be the first time I've made a custom part. Thanks for the post.:icon_welder:

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I totally agree the hoses are a stupid mess. And not on just the 3.o!!

The upper hose is higher than the radiator (heck to get the air out).

And then they put that wimpy mesh on them to keep from wearing holes in the hose, so you have to wrap them with tape because they wear holes in the mesh (and then the hose). I use mach one tape, the stuff we put over bullet holes in Nam until we could fix them) and it even wears holes in that stuff. And, when you look/inspect them they don't touch anything; but, if you take a look at a hot engine they are rubbing on stuff.

Rant over!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals