• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford All EV in EU By 2035

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is Europe.

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yeah, it's the EU. But.....

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
i read an article a few weeks ago that bidens own EPA (i think epa, one of the gov't agencies) did a study that concluded that 4 out of every 5 vehicles will still be fossil fired by 2050.

Not sure if its just the US or world...but it came from the gov't...so even they know its nonsense but wont admit it

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
My experience with European countries, EV technology at this point might make sense to many.

I’m not a fan of the all electric push but certain parties seem to be dead set on getting it done.

I think the used market demand is going to blow sky high as a result with those who don’t want to make the switch.

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I think the used market demand is going to blow sky high as a result with those who don’t want to make the switch.
Seems like the automakers are set on going all EV. It's going to be like Apple, 'we will decide what you want.'

If IC powered vehicles are no longer manufactured, then, I see initially the used market will see a big demand. But, eventually they will all have to be retired as vehicles wear out, crash, flooded, etc. I can also see that eventually, because the number of IC vehicles diminish, that fueling points will become fewer and far between. Also the price of fuel would go up because of less of it being refined.

Mean while, will just the materials of making batteries be able to keep up with the demand?

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Seems like the automakers are set on going all EV. It's going to be like Apple, 'we will decide what you want.'

If IC powered vehicles are no longer manufactured, then, I see initially the used market will see a big demand. But, eventually they will all have to be retired as vehicles wear out, crash, flooded, etc. I can also see that eventually, because the number of IC vehicles diminish, that fueling points will become fewer and far between. Also the price of fuel would go up because of less of it being refined.

Mean while, will just the materials of making batteries be able to keep up with the demand?
A lot of truth there and a lot of unknowns too.

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I wonder if the situation will be an analog of the early 70's when governments mandated pollution controls on vehicles. I understand that the car companies were asking for time to engineer them, but wasn't given it. We know what disaster that ended up being, components that didn't work well with a huge drain on power and mileage.

Technology has come a long ways in engineering and materials since then, but have you seen videos of ones towing a trailer with an EV pickup? In many ways, I'm afraid it won't be pretty.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I wonder if the situation will be an analog of the early 70's when governments mandated pollution controls on vehicles. I understand that the car companies were asking for time to engineer them, but wasn't given it. We know what disaster that ended up being, components that didn't work well with a huge drain on power and mileage.

Technology has come a long ways in engineering and materials since then, but have you seen videos of ones towing a trailer with an EV pickup? In many ways, I'm afraid it won't be pretty.
I’m just old enough to remember how bad the old emissions systems were and worked on a couple.

It seems the agenda has to come first then they will address the problems. Well, after enough people pitch a fit about what was done.

As usual, people fail to learn from the past...

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo

No one with a license today will see the day IC vehicles and gas arnt readily available

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It looks like we might be going to live the ancient curse "may you live in interesting times." California will eliminate diesel trucks by 2045. That is how a significant amount of goods are shipped through the US starting there. Maybe in 20 years technology will have addressed the concerns of today.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
People don't like change, if you give companies more time, they will still wait until the 11th hour to get moving. That's as ancient as the proverb of interesting times.

EU doesn't have distance requirements that America's do - you change countries faster there than we change states. Having a limited range EV isn't as restrictive.

I'm more than happy for EUto break the ice; at least we will know some of the pitfalls to avoid.

@rusty ol ranger Can my 18 year old daughter take a bet against your estate that she won't see the day when ICE isn't readily available? 20 years from now, I'll gamble on, next century - not so much.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
People don't like change, if you give companies more time, they will still wait until the 11th hour to get moving. That's as ancient as the proverb of interesting times.

EU doesn't have distance requirements that America's do - you change countries faster there than we change states. Having a limited range EV isn't as restrictive.

I'm more than happy for EUto break the ice; at least we will know some of the pitfalls to avoid.

@rusty ol ranger Can my 18 year old daughter take a bet against your estate that she won't see the day when ICE isn't readily available? 20 years from now, I'll gamble on, next century - not so much.
Sure, ill be dead and have no kids. Why not?

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It looks like we might be going to live the ancient curse "may you live in interesting times." California will eliminate diesel trucks by 2045. That is how a significant amount of goods are shipped through the US starting there. Maybe in 20 years technology will have addressed the concerns of today.
Two points. First, eight years ago, the range of an EV was ballpark 100 miles. I distinctly remember, my (ex) wife and I used to travel 150 miles at a time to visit her parents, so an EV would never have worked for us, if we only had one vehicle. Today, an EV has a range of double that if not more, and that's standard range. I wouldn't be surprised if in another eight years the range doubled again.

My second point: In the olden days, freight was hauled by train to the nearest depot, then by horse and wagon to the store. When automobiles became more commonplace in the 1930's, freight was hauled by a cargo "van" that was very similar to its' contemporary sedan. It wasn't until well into the 1950's that the modern big rigs were produced. Before the modern big rigs became common place, we managed. Freight still got hauled. Yes, it was hauled in smaller quantities, but it was still hauled. If those rigs were taken off the road tomorrow, freight would still move.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Two points. First, eight years ago, the range of an EV was ballpark 100 miles. I distinctly remember, my (ex) wife and I used to travel 150 miles at a time to visit her parents, so an EV would never have worked for us, if we only had one vehicle. Today, an EV has a range of double that if not more, and that's standard range. I wouldn't be surprised if in another eight years the range doubled again.

My second point: In the olden days, freight was hauled by train to the nearest depot, then by horse and wagon to the store. When automobiles became more commonplace in the 1930's, freight was hauled by a cargo "van" that was very similar to its' contemporary sedan. It wasn't until well into the 1950's that the modern big rigs were produced. Before the modern big rigs became common place, we managed. Freight still got hauled. Yes, it was hauled in smaller quantities, but it was still hauled. If those rigs were taken off the road tomorrow, freight would still move.
Thats rated range. Pretty well known fact that real world range is often 50-75% of that. So if youre rated 300 miles 150-200 miles is about all youre gonna get.

Secondly big rigs have been moving freight since before the 50s. They wernt quite as big as what started coming about in the 50s and 60s, but everything wasnt being hauled on converted model A's by then either. Peterbilt built their first rig in 38. Heres a GMC in the 40s.

a3b1e16ec08450745a91a6d2d6f672fc.jpg

....and yes...without trucks...america stops.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals