• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford 2.9 Six Pack Carburetor Manifold

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Awesome truck, to bad the engine was choked down to a measly 155 horsepower because of smog and fuel economy garbage of the 70s. Same engine with throttle body fuel injection made 255 horsepower in 1992.
Who leaves their trucks stock?

You can thank the weirdo environmentalist who now look to a 16yr old with a touch of the downs as their savior..... now supposedly she is a virologist.... no hope for the future.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Who leaves their trucks stock?

You can thank the weirdo environmentalist who now look to a 16yr old with a touch of the downs as their savior..... now supposedly she is a virologist.... no hope for the future.
Yea! Right on! Bring back lead gasoline, DDT, and asbestos! Living past 30 is boring anyway!

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
72-82 is possibly the worst 10 year span in automotive history. :icon_rofl:

Gas shortages and emissions regulations during that time made for some of the worst ideas and crappiest cars ever built. No thanks, I'll take a modern computer controlled engine any day over one of those lumbering dinosaurs.
Atleast shit back then didnt require a degree in IT to fix. You didnt have to dissasemble half the damn vehicle to change a heater core. You could back into a pole or bounce through a ditch without worrying about the $5000 + repar bill that came afterwards.

You didnt have trucks running around with bigger cabs then beds, you didnt have interiors that were so clausterphobic you have to ride with a window down just to keep from suffocating.

You didnt have wifi bullshit that was able to broadcast your location at any time, you didnt have body panels so paper thin youd dent them if you made whoopie on the hood...

You didnt have 20 inch aluminum rims with 1 inch of rubber around them that bent as soon as you hit a pothole, you didnt have 350 dollar wheelbearings, you didnt have trac control, abs, or whatever other bullshit out there to lure shitty drivers into a false sense of security so they felt comfortable running 70mph down a ice covered road.

It wasnt an all day job to change a set of plugs, you didnt have ghost check engines and other shit that annoys you into maintence.

You didnt have everything so interconnected that you couldnt just drive shit till it broke.

You didnt have over complicated 10 speed transmissions to mask the engines lack of torque.

You had real tow mirrors and station wagons that would tow 7 or 8000lbs.

Trucks of the era oozed machismo and had the dana 60s, C6s/4speeds to back up the look.

Yeah...real low point for sure.

Cars nowadays are souless shitboxes painted in goofy monotone shades of beige or green with prison grey interiors and to many controls on one stalk.

Trucks nowadays are also souless shitboxes with beds for show only, no ground clearence, stupid bloated thin bumpers, and other dumb bullshit that wont do you a bit of good axle deep in the mud in the back country.

SUVs are watered down to the point that they are basically lifted 80s honda civic wagons with less room and worse styling.

Screw them all.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Atleast shit back then didnt require a degree in IT to fix. You didnt have to dissasemble half the damn vehicle to change a heater core. You could back into a pole or bounce through a ditch without worrying about the $5000 + repar bill that came afterwards.

You didnt have trucks running around with bigger cabs then beds, you didnt have interiors that were so clausterphobic you have to ride with a window down just to keep from suffocating.

You didnt have wifi bullshit that was able to broadcast your location at any time, you didnt have body panels so paper thin youd dent them if you made whoopie on the hood...

You didnt have 20 inch aluminum rims with 1 inch of rubber around them that bent as soon as you hit a pothole, you didnt have 350 dollar wheelbearings, you didnt have trac control, abs, or whatever other bullshit out there to lure shitty drivers into a false sense of security so they felt comfortable running 70mph down a ice covered road.

It wasnt an all day job to change a set of plugs, you didnt have ghost check engines and other shit that annoys you into maintence.

You didnt have everything so interconnected that you couldnt just drive shit till it broke.

You didnt have over complicated 10 speed transmissions to mask the engines lack of torque.

You had real tow mirrors and station wagons that would tow 7 or 8000lbs.

Trucks of the era oozed machismo and had the dana 60s, C6s/4speeds to back up the look.

Cars nowadays are souless shitboxes painted in goofy monotone shades of beige or green with prison grey interiors and to many controls on one stalk.

Trucks nowadays are also souless shitboxes with beds for show only, no ground clearence, stupid bloated thin bumpers, and other dumb bullshit that wont do you a bit of good axle deep in the mud in the back country.

SUVs are watered down to the point that they are basically lifted 80s honda civic wagons with less room and worse styling.

Screw them all.
You're neat...

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Vehicles have better MPG now.....................but gasoline costs more, not seeing the benefit, but I am no math expert

10mpg at $.30/gallon or 20mpg at $3.00/gallon, hmmmmm, shouldn't that be 100mpg, well actually 101mpg for a benefit

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
But one dollar in 1972 is equivalent to 6.18 dollars in 2020.

So $.30 cents a gallon in 1972 is the same as $1.84 a gallon today. Gas here is $1.70 a gallon so gas is actually cheaper now than it was back then.

Of course this in U.S currency. I dont know how Canadian money works.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Atleast shit back then didnt require a degree in IT to fix. I take offense to that comment, most of the IT guys I know couldn’t fix a ham sandwich.You didnt have to dissasemble half the damn vehicle to change a heater core. It takes the factory less then a minute to put the dashboard in... it should come out just as fast. You could back into a pole or bounce through a ditch without worrying about the $5000 + repar bill that came afterwards. Yes, prices have changed... gas was also under a dollar a gallon back then... or so I’m told.

You didnt have trucks running around with bigger cabs then beds, Trucks have to pull double duty now. They need to haul the family and the trailer full of toys..Maybe even a slide in camper. Plus get used for lumber, Sheetrock, etc. you didnt have interiors that were so clausterphobic you have to ride with a window down just to keep from suffocating. You can practically park a gen 1 Ranger inside my 2020 F150s cab without moving the seats all the way forward.

You didnt have wifi bullshit that was able to broadcast your location at any time, you didnt have body panels so paper thin youd dent them if you made whoopie on the hood... How much weight did you put... bending body panels???!!! Save the whoopie for the bed... its designed to carry the weight, not the hood

You didnt have 20 inch aluminum rims with 1 inch of rubber around them that bent as soon as you hit a pothole,Bigger brakes. My f150 can stop WAY better with a trailer then my 79 can. you didnt have 350 dollar wheelbearings, you didnt have trac control, abs, or whatever other bullshit out there to lure shitty drivers into a false sense of security so they felt comfortable running 70mph down a ice covered road. You’re right. But I’d rather they have them... maybe they won’t hit me.

It wasnt an all day job to change a set of plugs, Every year, unlike today’s 100k mike tune up. you didnt have ghost check engines Ive never seen a ghost check engine light... there is a reason for that light to be on. and other shit that annoys you into maintence. Like points?dist caps? Rotors? Wires? Adjusting carbs to pass emissions, then readjusting them do it runs good? Or exhaust systems that weren’t aluminumized and lasted about a whole year.

You had real tow mirrors and station wagons that would tow 7 or 8000lbs. Could... yes. Should... HELL NO... You didn’t fix the ———————— and were just driving it until it “broke”

Trucks of the era oozed machismo and had the dana 60s like every f250 and up built today... and they’re even stronger then they were back then. C6s/4speeds to back up the look. Non-overdrive... sounds like fun driving from gas station to gas station, but I like to go other places.

Cars nowadays are souless shitboxes painted in goofy monotone shades of beige or green with prison grey interiors and to many controls on one stalk. HEY... mine is monotone prison grey on the outside and soul-less black inside.

Screw them all.
See above.
Keep romanticizing the not so good old days.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I still think I am losing in the MPG vs $/gallon department

And a dollar is a dollar, WTF???
100 pennies, 20 nickles, 10 dimes, 4 quarters, 1 dollar, how can it be worth more or less than a dollar

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals