• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Canadians regarding Bill C-19

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I think I will get my restricted license in the future

first of all :pray: to Lone Wolf, I am a noob and my interpretations suck, I will no longer post on this thread due to the obvious fact of being a gun law noob.
And where can this list of prohibited or restricted weapons be found?

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing wrong with being a newb, the natural of our gun laws make it very hard to become even half decently versed in them as they're mostly bad laws that common sense had nothing to do in the making of.
I seen a lot of misinformation over the years and have become very, ummm sensitive about the issue lol

Here's a list.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/rp-eng.htm

chudykGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, the laws and thier clarity leave much to be desired in Canada. You couldn't break my knees to have me purchase a direct impingment AR anyways tho. But yes, any piston driven AR's or rifles similar too, that arent restricted, are over price.
Robinson Armament XCR223 for $2300 anyone?
Wich is why when I finaly (If ever) get my court stuff cleared up and get my PAL back, I will be getting a CZ858 for a whole 700 and spend $500 on some parts to make it a little more ergonomic, and call it a day.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Even the piston ARs are considered a variant and restricted.
Well. It's the lower that is registered and restricted, the upper isn't even considered a firearm IIRC.

I'd like an XCR but yea, $2300 is more than my Ranger.
I have an SU16 which is OK. Still way overpriced at $900
My vz58 is being repaired, but they are a beauty.

Getting a cz858 in .223 or 7.62x39mm?? They make em in both now.

igojuone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
hey guy's this is just a post for the Canadian gun enthusiasts out there.
and for those who don't know that Canada has stupidly restrictive gun laws and a very thorough background check to get a gun license. It is nearly impossible to get any fancy fun stuff like the yanks can blast off. Handguns aren't allowed to be open carried (unless at gun sporting event or competition) or concealed carry, big fine or jail time if ya get caught. but at least we have a very low gun crime rate, is it because of it? maybe, maybe not, who really knows :icon_confused:

but anyway as i was talking about bill C-19... as many know we will no longer have to register our hunting guns ( or long guns ) or carry resgistration for them when in the feild or on the range. Ammunition must stll be kept separate from gun and not loaded when storing or transporting. It's a good safety thing IMO.
Will we see guy's putting gun racks in their trucks again? ya know you're a redneck when... :icon_rofl: :icon_twisted:
this will also allow us to go to gun shows in the states or gun shops and buy non restricted guns there and import them. :yahoo:
another little thing... I'm assuming that FMJ or Military surplus ammo is either restricted or prohibted. I have my pal but nothing i've read covers this directly. :icon_confused: :annoyed: would like to be able to buy some and bring it over because of how cheap it is (Mil surplus ammo) to shoot compared to store bought ammo. :annoyed:
Oh boy, it's been a year so hopefully you have learnt a lot since you posted this. I'll start with although Canada does have "stupidly restricted gun laws" there are 50 states in the US and some of them have much stricter laws then Canada and in those states you will find much higher crime rates then in Canada, just look to Chicago and you will see what I mean.
Second, low crime rate, do some research and you will see Canada has higher crime rates per 100K population compared to the United States. On the surface it may not seem that way as a good chunk of Canadian news is news of what happens south of the border.
Third, ammo doesn't have to be kept separate from the firearm unless it's a restricted firearm and in that case they both must be kept locked up and a couple of other rules.
Fourth, if you plan on buying ammo or many other firearm related items in the US and then importing them into Canada you could find yourself in a bunch of trouble with the law on the US side of the border. While it may not be illegal to import the items you are after it probably is illegal to export the same items based on US laws without first obtaining special permits from US customs.
Fifth, FMJ or Ball ammo is not illegal or restricted in Canada.

I will say this, the gun laws in Canada are so screwed up it's hard for anyone to fully understand what is legal and what is illegal.

igojuone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
hey guy's this is just a post for the Canadian gun enthusiasts out there.
and for those who don't know that Canada has stupidly restrictive gun laws and a very thorough background check to get a gun license. It is nearly impossible to get any fancy fun stuff like the yanks can blast off. Handguns aren't allowed to be open carried (unless at gun sporting event or competition) or concealed carry, big fine or jail time if ya get caught. but at least we have a very low gun crime rate, is it because of it? maybe, maybe not, who really knows :icon_confused:

but anyway as i was talking about bill C-19... as many know we will no longer have to register our hunting guns ( or long guns ) or carry resgistration for them when in the feild or on the range. Ammunition must stll be kept separate from gun and not loaded when storing or transporting. It's a good safety thing IMO.
Will we see guy's putting gun racks in their trucks again? ya know you're a redneck when... :icon_rofl: :icon_twisted:
this will also allow us to go to gun shows in the states or gun shops and buy non restricted guns there and import them. :yahoo:
another little thing... I'm assuming that FMJ or Military surplus ammo is either restricted or prohibted. I have my pal but nothing i've read covers this directly. :icon_confused: :annoyed: would like to be able to buy some and bring it over because of how cheap it is (Mil surplus ammo) to shoot compared to store bought ammo. :annoyed:
Oh boy, it's been a year so hopefully you have learnt a lot since you posted this. I'll start with although Canada does have "stupidly restricted gun laws" there are 50 states in the US and some of them have much stricter laws then Canada and in those states you will find much higher crime rates then in Canada, just look to Chicago and you will see what I mean.
Second, low crime rate, do some research and you will see Canada has higher crime rates per 100K population compared to the United States. On the surface it may not seem that way as a good chunk of Canadian news is news of what happens south of the border.
Third, ammo doesn't have to be kept separate from the firearm unless it's a restricted firearm and in that case they both must be kept locked up and a couple of other rules.
Fourth, if you plan on buying ammo or many other firearm related items in the US and then importing them into Canada you could find yourself in a bunch of trouble with the law on the US side of the border. While it may not be illegal to import the items you are after it probably is illegal to export the same items based on US laws without first obtaining special permits from US customs.
Fifth, FMJ or Ball ammo is not illegal or restricted in Canada.

I will say this, the gun laws in Canada are so screwed up it's hard for anyone to fully understand what is legal and what is illegal.

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Yes I have learned alot in the last year, I've learned a little bit about exporting a firearm to the usa temporarily for hunting in Michigan. Not so much about import to canada from usa, there is a gun auction every year at Paris Ontario tho so I won't be looking to purchase whole guns from the usa (the laws aren't all that clear either and most Canadian customs officers are idiots regarding guns), maybe parts, but I highly doubt it, I was considering getting my restricted untill the CFO went and screwed with the ATT's. it's already being fought in court.
Oh and by the way this outta stir the political and gun pot real good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK6EeSooo7k&list=FLoTDFzmEbvqXIGWtzySdsFg&index=1

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals