• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flowmaster Super 44 on 01 ranger 3.0

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
Guys I would like to if I can run these on my 3.0. I thought a person could not add duals on a 3.0 and still be smog legal. so tell me are folks running these form the exhaust or duals out from the tips.

Youtube has a few vids where they sound nice. I am leaning towards them and I would love to have the same soun d. is it possible. thanks

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
If you want to run duals & want to remain legal since CA is the worst for smog laws. KEEP YOUR CATS DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THEM. Get a single Flowmaster 44 or 40 with a single in & run dual out. Run the tips in front of the rear tire or exit to the rear of your choice. It will sound good with either of those, but if you want deeper tone go with the OG 40.
My 94 3.0 5spd I have. I am running a Original 40 SI/SO with 2.5 piping from the catback to the rear of the tire with a pair of Non-Rolled Egde Flowmaster 3" tips side by side in the stock angle and stock location. I have been using this muffler for over 5 years and I still love the sound of it when I drive. With a 5spd it makes it more funner to drive.
thanks very much . i have highlighted areas in ur post that i need explanation on. i do not know what this or these mean. thks could u explain.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
From experience with 6 different aftermarket mufflers on my truck(magnaflow, original 40, super 40, super 44, glasspack, dynomax ultra flo oval), I can say the deepest of them all, and best sounding to my ears, has been the Super 44.

Highlighted areas question: 'OG 40' i assume means Original 40. Its the original Flowmaster muffler, the 40 series. NOT delta flow, not super, it's original 40. Same goes for the first part of the highlighted, second part of the second highlight is Single in/Single out.

With a manual, i love the girgling and popping in gear and decelerating.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals