• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flowmaster question...

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Having a thought of changing the flowmaster on my ranger. It has 2.5" single piping all the way back, just like the stock setup.

Have used the original 40 since 2001, and would like to tone it down some. I have narrowed it down to the 44. I have read about this online and watched you tube videos and haven't really found my answer. Has anyone used this and like it on thier ranger? Don't care what engine it has been used on, would like to here your opinions.

cschannuth

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
255/60-15
My credo
Expect nothing and I’m like really disappointed
I have a 50 on my V8 ranger. It’s still fairly loud out back but because I have my dual exhaust exit behind the rear tires it’s not bad in the cab at all. There is no drone and you can hear the exhaust but it’s not obnoxious when cruising. It’s a dual in/dual out single flowmaster with duals from the manifold to the muffler and from the muffler to the tail pipes.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Thanks for your advice. I used the 50 series for 3 years prior of getting the original 40. After some driving earlier, decided to stay with the original 40. It's been on there for 20 years..it can stay on there for another 20 years.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals