• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

flower planter

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
I came across several used horse shoes while cleaning off the work bench, and putting stuff in my "new" tool box setup. Was trying to come up with something to do with them. So I decided to make a flower planter for my mother. (she loves it by the way!)

I forgot to take pics as it progressed, so all I have is the finished product.

The "basket" done and painted. As you can see the shoes were different sizes, so I lined up the open ends and welded them together. Used 1/8" sign wire to create the top ring and frame in the bottom to hold the coco liner. Finished it is 12" diameter.

Hanging in the stand I bought a couple of years ago for mothers day. Used the same wire to make the hangers, mom asked for them to be removeable so she could plant flowers easier.

Looking at possibly making a couple more of these if I can find some more horse shoes for relatively cheap. Next project is gonna be the new mail box stand, only this time I will take more pics as it progresses!

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
beautiful work man

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
beautiful work man
Thanks man! I am keeping my eyes open for some more horse shoes. Mom seems to think I can sell these!

If anyone on here has any horse shoes they wanna get rid of (sell cheap) let me know.

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
you could easily see those and make some decent cash

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Looks great, Bro. I saw this on Ebay a bit ago. I almost bought one from the guy. Now I wish I did. Maybe you can make a few and post them up for sale? I will buy one if you give a decent price....

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man! I am keeping my eyes open for some more horse shoes. Mom seems to think I can sell these!

If anyone on here has any horse shoes they wanna get rid of (sell cheap) let me know.
I'll sell you the shoes and give you the horses for free! :icon_twisted:

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Looks great, Bro. I saw this on Ebay a bit ago. I almost bought one from the guy. Now I wish I did. Maybe you can make a few and post them up for sale? I will buy one if you give a decent price....

If I can come up with more shoes for cheap I was thinking possibly $25, and maybe $30 shipped. Depends on the cost of the shoes honestly!

I'll sell you the shoes and give you the horses for free! :icon_twisted:
I'll buy the shoes, but you can keep the horse! :icon_thumby:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
If I can come up with more shoes for cheap I was thinking possibly $25, and maybe $30 shipped. Depends on the cost of the shoes honestly!

I would buy one, maybe two, Bro!! One for me and another for a gift for a friend!!!

Brick+Truck=Good

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L 6 Cyl.
Transmission
Manual
this pains me. I cannot get them for you, but I'm just going to let you know anyways. My mother owns a horse rescue facility. used to take in abused/neglected horses, and rehabilitate them. this all died down a few years ago. before I was kicked out of the house for a fight with my little brother (who is taller than I) we had a pile of horse shoes dating as far back as 1999. I would have happily sent them to you for the price of shipping... Maybe, Nextime I'll beable to help you out. love the work though.

Brick+Truck=Good

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L 6 Cyl.
Transmission
Manual
thought came into my mind. if you really wanted to make some money off these, you coudl buy a cheap metal. make a high temp mold and pour the melted metal into it, and create cheap horse shoe knock offs. which i'm sure are lighter than actual horse shoes. tin would be my guess.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals