• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fix it or leave it?

adam83094

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a 1999 mazda b3000 in september. i paid 1500 for it and the guy said the tranny was going bad. so as soon as i got it i took it into the shop and i changed the filter cleaned the pan and flushed the fluid. it did alright but i can feel it starting to get worse and worse. i added some stop slip to it but it didnt feel much different. sometimes it doesnt wanna come out of first and sometimes to get it into o/d you have to let off the gas slightly. My moms husband is a mechanic and he says it needs fixing. Im broke and its gonna cost 1500 to fix it the right way. i will have a good full time job over the summer and i can fix it then but right now i need tires and i feel that the new 31s will make it worse. should i just hope and pray it lasts till summer or should i get rid of it for 4000 while i can still make a profit? Any input will be greatly apperciated!

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
31's will make it worse. best thing to do would be to sell it if you can actually get 4k for it and buy another in better condition. or even if you have to buy a car

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
x2 to chrwilkins30 idea

adam83094

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its a good truck i drive it school everyday and id hate to get rid of it and jump into something that could give me even more problems. Im pretty sure if i wait it out i can get 4 for it. and a car is out of the question haha i gotta have a truck for my own sanity!

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I bought a 1999 mazda b3000 in september. i paid 1500 for it and the guy said the tranny was going bad. so as soon as i got it i took it into the shop and i changed the filter cleaned the pan and flushed the fluid. it did alright but i can feel it starting to get worse and worse. i added some stop slip to it but it didnt feel much different. sometimes it doesnt wanna come out of first and sometimes to get it into o/d you have to let off the gas slightly. My moms husband is a mechanic and he says it needs fixing. Im broke and its gonna cost 1500 to fix it the right way. i will have a good full time job over the summer and i can fix it then but right now i need tires and i feel that the new 31s will make it worse. should i just hope and pray it lasts till summer or should i get rid of it for 4000 while i can still make a profit? Any input will be greatly apperciated!
4k sounds like a lot for a 99 that needs a tranny..that being said.....if you can get 4k for sell it immediately...........then buy a 5 speed.............

ps I have read other posts that describe your issue as a valve body problem..coming out of first and an OD issue. .I think they are expensive but maybe you can get one from a bone yard and pop it in........

adam83094

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well if someone comes up with no knowledge of cars then they wouldnt know the tranny was bad with just a test drive. and personally i dont really care about cheatin people out of their money ha. but you may be right about the valve body i'll look into that more and let you know what i find!

Larry's shee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can tell you're young enough to not have experienced much of life or Karma.
What goes around, comes around.
Sooner or later the F***er becomes the F***ee

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
well if someone comes up with no knowledge of cars then they wouldnt know the tranny was bad with just a test drive. and personally i dont really care about cheatin people out of their money ha. but you may be right about the valve body i'll look into that more and let you know what i find!
your the definition of douchebag in the court of bob...

only good advice i have is to go fawk yourself...

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
i know iiii know...its very generous advice....but you earned it...:icon_thumby:

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
its a good truck i drive it school everyday and id hate to get rid of it and jump into something that could give me even more problems. Im pretty sure if i wait it out i can get 4 for it. and a car is out of the question haha i gotta have a truck for my own sanity!
I read all your posts.......no one as dumb as you is capable of buying a truck for $1,500 and selling it for $4,000( you forgot to use the $ and the , in your posts). My guess is you are a lost teenage punk that spews nonsense in order to make yourself sound cool.......it's not working!......the devil is sharpening his horns awaiting your arrival.....

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
You act like i really care what you think.. :idiot:
actually....that is why i posted....its that you dont care about anything...

sad....sad state of affairs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals