• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fishing haida gwaii

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hadn't seen this thread before. My Father In Law used to race hydroplane boats when he was in high school and college. They still have some home movies of them that we transferred to DVD's. Scary. The fastest I've been in a boat was ~50 mph. That was good enough for me. Be safe man.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wouldnt you want reverse screws or is that only important on horizontal crank engines? It just seems your gonna constantly be fighting the wheel with both props spinning clockwise.
it pulls a bit,but it's manageable.general running around i just use one engine and it doesn't pull at all then.still good for 45mph dragging a dead prop through the water,though.
I hadn't seen this thread before. My Father In Law used to race hydroplane boats when he was in high school and college. They still have some home movies of them that we transferred to DVD's. Scary. The fastest I've been in a boat was ~50 mph. That was good enough for me. Be safe man.
it gets a little more hazardous as the speed goes up,but like anything else it's a matter of making sure the equipment is up to the task and you don't approach it with a stupid attitude.

while i joked about it earlier,i have no intention of dying...i'll be bumping up the stakes in stages till i make my goal.
a box of brand new 23pitch props just arrived and i'm hoping i'll be able to try them out with two motors on the weekend,there's another storm coming today and tomorrow but saturday looks like it might be ok.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Vids homey. - still stay safe My FIL set world records for the class he was in. Since then, he won the United States field archery championship, won Texas shooting dog championship, ran the Boston marathon twice, came in second in the state in cycling time trials at 70+. Sh!t. I'm not sure what my wifey-mate expects of me.

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice fish and beautiful area to live. On another note, I used to have a dog that looked just like yours. He was my childhood dog and lived 18 years. Brings back some great memories.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
oh,i got some comments.

wait till i bolt the third one on....i'm getting the parts together now.
Tom, why stop at only 3? If you're really up for a challenge, see if you can fix 5. :icon_twisted:

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Vids homey. - still stay safe My FIL set world records for the class he was in. Since then, he won the United States field archery championship, won Texas shooting dog championship, ran the Boston marathon twice, came in second in the state in cycling time trials at 70+. Sh!t. I'm not sure what my wifey-mate expects of me.
sounds like he's a real goal oriented -person.we all have our things we do,and i'm sure the wife is with you because she appreciates your ways:icon_thumby:
Nice fish and beautiful area to live. On another note, I used to have a dog that looked just like yours. He was my childhood dog and lived 18 years. Brings back some great memories.
i love it here....the dog is a great fishing buddy and best friend,but she has a tendency to destroy stuff if left alone.i never know what's going to be chewwed up when i get home from work.
Tom, why stop at only 3? If you're really up for a challenge, see if you can fix 5. :icon_twisted:
i was looking at possibly bolting up 4,but only have enough width on the transom to get 3 and still have room to turn them:sad:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you put 4 on you'd have to convert the rest of the boat into a fuel tank in order to feed them.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you put 4 on you'd have to convert the rest of the boat into a fuel tank in order to feed them.
pretty much have to for 3 too.....even two suck it dry pretty fast if they're both wound out.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oh,i got some comments.
Is that right ?? Are they positive or just plain, mean 'reverse psychology' to wreak havoc on the day's outing or just your fishing spirit ?? Share some examples-

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is that right ?? Are they positive or just plain, mean 'reverse psychology' to wreak havoc on the day's outing or just your fishing spirit ?? Share some examples-
oh,just things like 'that looks like a good way to kill yourself'

to which i replied 'i can think of better ways'.

and those who just don't understand why i would want to go that fast.
i tell them i have my reasons.....

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_thumby: fast usually = fun.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_thumby: fast usually = fun.
yup.

went out and did a bit of fishin with a buddy yesterday afternoon...we didn't catch anything but it was good to get out on the water for a couple of hours.i tried the 23p props on it,but ended up losing speed-the engines wouldn't come up to full revs.
i'm going to try it again alone and with less fuel in the boat to see if a little less weight makes a difference.they were bought to use with three engines anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals