• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

First Ranger

Biggfoot44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 2wd
Transmission
Automatic
In 1978 I had bad experiences with Fortran , and swore to myself I would never touch another computer . And I didn't for more than 10yrs . ( Insert stories about punchcards , computer runs taking 24hrs , no such thing as pre-made software , etc )

Then was led into re engaging first with looking at alt-binaries , then eventually most basic e mail , basic participation in Fora , and googling random stuff . I realize I am so far behind the curve, that computer stuff continues to evolve far faster than I could ever cumulatively catch back up . I accept that , move on .

But it is biting me on the rear , because I am at standstill for recording projects , even though I have taken classes in live sound, and DAW .

I even sought out instruction , and find I am in the dreaded in between zone . Plenty of instruction for people who have literally never touched a computer , to bring them up to where I am now . And plenty of classes for already knowledgeable people to get their professional certifications . But nothing to take people from 5% skill level to 30% skill level .

When ever I'd ask my knowledgeable friends , it's circular . They try to explain soming to me , they use three other things I don't know . And each of those then they try to explain, with 2 or 3 more things I am clueless , and it just turns circular .

Biggfoot44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 2wd
Transmission
Automatic
Daughter is now claiming that the picture I sent to her phone somehow doesn't work I consulted my panel of experts at my primary internet home , and if I can physically see it on her phone she can send it .

So for maliciously making her father look stupid from the get go in front of several thousand of my new friends , she'll loose out on her Ranger privileges , and have to stick with "her" Escape

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
For me, It is so much easier to load pics from a PC. I use PAINT to resize them and upload with very little problems.

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome to TRS!

Biggfoot44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 2wd
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't loaded a pic into a PC since circa 2000 . The first time I held a 1G SD card, while sitting in front of my computer with 1G hard drive, I figured this isn't going to work .

Being old school having learned with full manual 35mm, I compose in the viewfinder anyway . With proper digital cameras , I store the images on SD , and when so inclined , I just do minor cropping and basic color correction with the freestanding machine @ the drug store . ( Used to be go to camera store, but actual camera stores no longer exist ).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals