• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

First 2019 off the line

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It'll be interesting to see how things go. Even the ads are saying only a 10 speed automatic and that's on the Ford site. I'd hope they would give a manual option, pretty boring truck without a manual transmission....and who the heck needs 10 gears, damn transmission will take-up the whole underside of the truck LOL.

Has anyone been able to sit in the back seat of the 4 door? Is it roomy enough for adults?

Are we just getting another Ford Explorer Sport Trac? Looks to me like that's exactly what's going to happen just by seeing the pictures, it looks like the Explorer with a truck bed once again :(.
One guy did get in the back, he got in trouble and asked to get out (nobody from TRS) Not having a feel for how the front seat was set it looked similar to my mom's old '94 Explorer for rear legroom.

Trans isn't that long, they don't have the extension housing on the trans (they are now part of the t-case) but the trans wasn't that big, I don't think it would be much bigger than a A4LD/M5OD.

If as in a small truck with an optional four door seating and a smallish (5' bed) with a solid leaf sprung rear axle like a first gen Sport Trac yes. But this Sport Trac also has an extended cab sibling with a 6' bed.

The Tacoma still has the manual option but very limited in certain configurations. This ended in 2017 apparently as I just tried every configuration on the Toyota site and no matter what you chose you are stuck with an automatic. Also, they released a TRD Offroad Pro model this year and its $40k+...totally ridiculous for 1/2 a truck...this is exactly the reason I bought a 2008 Toyota Tundra in 2008 rather than a Tacoma, the price difference between the 2 was only $1800, and the Tacoma only offers a V6, and gets dismal fuel economy and they didn't have anything other than the 5-1/2 foot bed in the Tacoma available on the lot, at least with the Tundra I got the 5.7L V8 a 6-1/2' bed and the same fuel economy that 4.0L V6 was getting. These 1/2 size trucks are so ridiculously priced they don't sell as many which is done purposely to get people to buy the full size trucks.
Only some trim levels have the manual as an option, I just tried a TRDOR double cab shortbox and they show it as an option.

The Pro is pretty a loaded offroad truck. It is not anywhere close to a comparable fullsize. Think Raptor type trim level.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Got in trouble for sitting in the back seat LOL. Well guess that's one reason not to buy a new Ford.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Got in trouble for sitting in the back seat LOL. Well guess that's one reason not to buy a new Ford.
You could get in a lot of the Ford products at the show. The rangers specifically were one off vehicles assembled for the event with fiberglass bodies that were not intended for more than photo ops.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
You could get in a lot of the Ford products at the show. The rangers specifically were one off vehicles assembled for the event with fiberglass bodies that were not intended for more than photo ops.
Fiberglass, probably just for a quicker off the line assembly I would assume...I sure hope that isn't their final body material LOL.

Kind of wonder what the end production model will be, probably late 2018 they'll hit the dealer lots?

Sorry I cannot afford a new vehicle but man I want to go see one, and the new Bronco when they come out.

My first truck in high school was an 84 Ford Ranger 4x2 with the 2.8L V6, and the 3 speed automatic. My grandparents used it to tow a 14' travel trailer from 1984-1988 all over the country, never had any issues with it.

Were there many issues in the newer rangers after they stopped using the A4LD automatic transmissions?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They were cosmetic mockups.

IMO the bodies were probably steel but the interiors we’re probably not finalized. The cabs are not that different than the T6. Telling the press they were fiberglass and they might break the cab of the truck probably hit them to get out of the truck faster than saying the seat foam is not finalized yet.

Just my opinion. I think if it was fiberglass the first guy that satin it would have ripped the cab apart.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals