• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

firefox 4....

Apollo-Soyuz 1975

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L Lima 4-cyl
Transmission
Manual
I'm liking the performance improvements; Firefox 3 was a dog compared to this. Don't like the removal of the status bar, though.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I got it last night and I can't get use Yo tabs being above the URL, and everytime I right click open in new tab, I click new window as they were switched or something...

jhammel85

Like I said earlier, the only thing keeping me from it is my passwords. I've tried to export my passwords from Chrome to Firefox with no luck. Even specific programs for this aren't working.

Until I get it to work, I'm staying Chrome (which is not a bad thing at all)

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
works good on my laptop. it was a surprise to me and i didn't like it at first.

however i rearranged the tabs to be more like the previous version and so far i like it.

i don't like the new location of the back button and the refresh button. is there a way to move that?

i still have to prev. version on the netbook which im using right now... at work hehehe

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
It's a pretty good browser. Give it a try, you might like it. I can say that from experience, I used to be a hardcore Firefox user. Now I'm hardcore Chrome. :icon_hornsup:
You like chrome? Never gave that a shot... Came with my free windows 7. At least safari works fine for my iPhone4, I need to see what other os's are out there for apple.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
It's a pretty good browser. Give it a try, you might like it. I can say that from experience, I used to be a hardcore Firefox user. Now I'm hardcore Chrome. :icon_hornsup:
You like chrome? Never gave that a shot... Came with my free windows 7. At least safari works fine for my iPhone4, I need to see what other os's are out there for apple.

TastySloth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i don't like the new location of the back button and the refresh button. is there a way to move that?
Ya... View>Toolbars>Customize> Drag them where you want them.

I started using the beta when it came out. I like it a lot better than 3.6. Way better. As for Chrome, I tried it a year ago and didn't like it. Of course, it has changed, but I like FF too much.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like this revision of Firefox. It is a lot smoother than the 3.6 version it replaced.

I have been running Firefox 4 for about 3 months on my Macbook. I was doing the testing of the Beta release.
is that minefield, or was that just the 64bit beta?

the issue i'm having with 3.6? right now is it runs so much memory... if i task manager it, randomly, it will start at like 100,000k then slowly work it's way up, i've seen it as high as 1,800,000k and 70% cpu... then even closing it doesn't fix it... my laptop runs so hot when that happens... i have to task manager firefox to get it back down into the 1-200,000 range

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the issue i'm having with 3.6? right now is it runs so much memory... if i task manager it, randomly, it will start at like 100,000k then slowly work it's way up, i've seen it as high as 1,800,000k and 70% cpu... then even closing it doesn't fix it... my laptop runs so hot when that happens... i have to task manager firefox to get it back down into the 1-200,000 range
I have always had that problem with FF (though I have never seen it get that high) accumulating memory like that. Sounds like a site you are going to is causing a memory leak though. Might be worth while to try FF 4.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
everytime I right click open in new tab, I click new window as they were switched or something...
I noticed that right away too. I'm running it and so far really liking it. I see a lot of Opera in the design but that is not a bad thing. I used the beta and really liked it, the finished version does seem more polished though. My weather add-on doesn't seem to be working but other than that it has been flawless and fast.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have always had that problem with FF (though I have never seen it get that high) accumulating memory like that. Sounds like a site you are going to is causing a memory leak though. Might be worth while to try FF 4.
every site does it, though streaming video (youtube normally) does it WAY more than others

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals