• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fire!

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The General store, 2 buildings away, is on fire! 2 buildings in the other direction is the fire dept so they got there quick. They about had it out and the whole thing burst into flames from the heat. Now there are at least three fire departments battling a major blaze. I was just leaning on the front of my truck watching a fire not more than 100 yards away. They kicked my nieghbors out a couple hours ago, me and my oldest are still pecking away at the keyboards. No BIG booms yet.

bikerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:worthless: Let's see some pics man! Good to hear that it wasn't your house that was on fire.

RedRanger888

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's some freaky stuff, for sure. Saw the 2nd house down from me on fire a few years ago. Had just woke up for graveyard shift, heard something weird outside and looked out the window, there was fire shooting from his kitchen window! Luckily he'd already got out, and a neighbor had called 911. Got to see the tank on his propane grill go off, not as spectacular as I'd expected.:annoyed: Got him to sober up though, since he'd passed out drunk and dropped a smoke that started it, so something good came of it.

Makes you think a little more about fire safety though!

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Most normal people would go out and watch the place burn. But not Mutant (hence the name), he is on the computer telling us about it. Just busting your balls Mutant!

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had left my camera in the Black frog (about 15 miles away). The hersey fire dept about had the fire out when the heat from the fire caused the whole thing to just burst into flames. It was a really old building somewhere around a century old. I did spend a lot of time whatching. They wouldn't let me get close enough to roast any marshmallows though. I watched the fire go down through the second floor into the first with a crash. There were at least 4 different fire depts on scene. They never did kick us out, they gave us lots of dirty looks though. I wasn't getting in the way, I just wanted an advance warning if I had to leave. My throat is raw and I have a smokers cough.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
I had left my camera in the Black frog (about 15 miles away). The hersey fire dept about had the fire out when the heat from the fire caused the whole thing to just burst into flames. It was a really old building somewhere around a century old. I did spend a lot of time whatching. They wouldn't let me get close enough to roast any marshmallows though. I watched the fire go down through the second floor into the first with a crash. There were at least 4 different fire depts on scene. They never did kick us out, they gave us lots of dirty looks though. I wasn't getting in the way, I just wanted an advance warning if I had to leave. My throat is raw and I have a smokers cough.
Ya that kinda happens with all the poisens that were produced from the burning of plastics and other materials. just for a example the burning of wool produces cyanide gas. that is why we were full breathing apperatuse when going into burning building or smoking evioriment.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Few months back I watched a restaurant burn across the street from work.

It's sad to see something burn down, leaves me with a funny feeling in my stomach.

Dishtowel

August OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's sad to see something burn down, leaves me with a funny feeling in my stomach.
I very much agree, if it is something that isn't supposed to burn.

Old grainerys full of garbage wood on the other hand... those are awesome.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Glad to see they saved the basement.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Early last month, I drove right through a BIG wildfire between Yellowstone NP and Cody, WY. I was astonished the road was open, as parts of the fire were burning right next to the road, and there were hundreds of very dirty firefighters along the road. Got some nice flare-up photos, too.

Capt Jay

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Make / Model
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
About a dozen years ago I was living in an apartment in North Dakota. I was working as a charter pilot and barely making ends meet so the place was a low rent area. One night in the middle of the winter, the temp. outside was somewhere in the -20s, I got a knock on my door. It was the lady who lived next door telling me that her apartment was on fire. I grabbed my fire extinguisher, told her to call 911 and headed next door. There was a ton of smoke hanging in the stairwell. The fire was obviously upstairs. I tried to make my way up the stairs and was stopped by the thickest wall of smoke I've ever encountered. I headed back next door, grabbed my my bird (had to put her into my jacked to keep her from freezing) and got out of there. The fire department showed up soon after and was able to save my apartment from burning. I was fairly familiar with the local police (they were out at the airport a lot). So the next time I saw them I asked what happened. I found out that my neighbors daughter was growing pot in their upstairs closed and the grow light got to close to some clothing setting it on fire.

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
A few years ago I watched a local lawn mower shop burn down, that was pretty cool. There was a hole bunch off ppl including me standing right across the street from it, all off a sudden they told every one to get back. A minute later the 5 gallon gas cans in the building started to explode. Flaming remains of a plastic gas can started fall right where we where standing.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Turns out that there were SEVEN fire depts there!! One of the guys I work with was on scene and I never saw him.
Much of the store was saved. The Antique wooden beer cooler survived! The Hersey FD captain said the chocolate didn't even melt.
They have About 200 people there right now woking on cleaning it up to rebuild. They need to keep as much of the store as possible to retain the historical monument status. They need to add fire barriers though. It was an old balloon construction which is what made the fire so hard to put out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals