• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally, my official project truck

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just an update.. it's been a while. I've been swamped with work and doing other things.. but..its about to go down..
Been tinkering with the truck again.. just bought another mountaineer for the engine. 142k original miles. Snatching the motor out this coming weekend and dropping it in. I got a new rebuilt t5 zspec 2.95 first gear.
Been playing with headers again.. I got a set of bbk shorties to test fit and cut up.. they could be made to.work. but the fuel lines and heat shield for the fuel lines would have to be moved! No if and.or buts about it. So I got a set of TM's to run for now in the stock 302. I'm building a 331 for the truck "IF" I like how the 302 does and feels. Got my 331 28oz balancer made finally for the explorer crank trigger. It's not a stock rubber joint balancer. Damper Dudes out in California said it will take 6500 rpms all day.Couple pictures to keep everyone entertained during this bs virus crap.. yall be safe as you can

Attachments

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, That is good information.

I'd ike to have a blown Classic Bronco with Exploder engine. The shorter explorer engine fits well in the classic Bronco. I ran a Kenne Bell on a full size Bronco and then on an F150 both with GT40 lower. The bronc I stroked out to 393 and it was a major stump puller and rock crawler. I was able to get the blower off ebay and it was made for a Lightning. They are hard to find now and I should never have sold it.

12lbs of boost will require cooling or it will predetonate on pump gas.
I now know someone who makes the adapter plate for the ranger to mount the Eaton. Professional grade stuff. I just chose not to do that.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Now things are taking place rather quickly... just sent the heads(trickflow track heat ) and the upper and lower Explore intake to have professionally ported. Will out flow anything on the aftermarket scene and still.appear "stock" Cam has been ordered...Anderson N412. TB will be a BBK 70 mm. 24-30 lb injectors.
Cam is somewhat small into days stadards..BUT.. this is not a race motor. It is and will be a daily driver/travel truck with ac pulling my 850 lb Harley to Florida sometimes.To be honest..short black has 142k miles on it and ran like sewing machine. Crosshatches look like it was just done!
Should see 330-350hp to the tire with the port work. Was only shooting for 300..My guy says it will be very close to 350, so if it does, and not adding gasoline to the fire(more heat) that will be a bonus.
May run an aluminum flywheel.. I've run them in my foxbody's back in the day and freed up some power, less rotating mass. Heavier flywheel will give a little more torque. That's about it for now..
Oh..and my "Ape hanger" shifter. I think it was like 30 inches tall. Reason I'm doing that, so I'm not out power shifting the damn thing and breaking stuff..hahahaaa!
Couple of pictures to add...

Attachments

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Little Baby cam came in..
Waiti f ont the heads and intake together here.. then put together.
Couple questions if anyone knows..
(1) will a double row timing chain and gears for the expo motor?
(2) ford stock roller lifter from jegs or Summit work?

Attachments

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I ordered a shifter handle for the truck. I know how I am..I am a gear banging fool! I even power shift my 6 speed powerstroke!
So, to keep me from doing that... I'm running an "ape" shifter in the daily driver NON race truck.. its 34 inches long and bolts onto the pro tower shifter handle.
IMG_20200427_205354_675.jpg
20200427_184350.jpg
IMG_20200427_205451_030.jpg

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
New oil pump installed..timing cover and water pump on..waiti g on the heads and intake to get back from the porter
IMG_20200524_200134_934.jpg

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Attachments

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sorry about the double pics..maybe the mods can delete the double ones..

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
couple more pieces of the puzzle..
22 inch 3an Kevlar clutch line..
3/4 bore slave and clutch line pieces

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals