• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally getting things done :D

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone. As some of you know, i got in an accident a couple months back and decided to fix it myself. Seeing as I'm only 16 (17 on the 11th), i had no previous experience in any of this stuff. I had alot of help from you guys on here, and even got some parts to fix it with from Andres which was a big help. But because of weather and having to wait for parts it took so long to get anything done lol. But i finally got things pretty much finished :yahoo:

I put the new fender on and it doesnt line up exactly as before, but thats most likely due to some bending in the rad support (if thats what the part im talking about is called lol?). Not a big deal there, just more of a gap between the door and fender and stuff like that. Not too noticeable. I was surprized how nice the front end ended up being, i was expecting something to be wrong and some not quite lining up anymore. I got the billet grill and clear corners because i figured now was as good a time as any to do it lol. Still no bumper, was supposed to be in on monday but i guess it will be here next monday for whatever reason (the brackets on the bumper i got from anderes didnt line up for some reason). I will post a pic of the finished product when i get the bumper finally.

Also, while my truck was sitting a block away from my house while street cleaners did their thing, some punk booted in my pessenger fender a bit. That was a joy to see, as that was the side that i didnt need to fix at all lol. Im thinking it can just be popped back out so ill send it in with my friend and see if he can do it (im not in the class this semester). So i included a picture of the wonderful artwork some kid decided would look better on my truck. I already wiped off the bootprint tho :/

I also was wondering if someone could help me figure out what wires are what on this new plug i got for the drivers side running light. I had to get a new plug because the old one got smashed in the accident. But i guess all three wires on this new plug are black, and i reeeaaally dont want to hook this up going off of a trial by error basis lol. There was a black, a greyish, and a green coloured wire on the old plug. I couldnt look to see where they were connected as 2 of the wires had been pulled out and the plug shattered leaving that messy stuff inside all over. So any ideas? Nothing came in the plug's box but the plug, no instructions.

But other than the bumper and plug, its going great. Was driving it around quite a bit today doing some running around getting the plugs and dropped the old parts off at recycling. Its running as good as before. The signals wont work, but im assuming its because of the wires being unhooked like that. If its not working after i have the plugs all setup correctly, then i guess ill have to look into replacing whatever makes that work lol :p

Thanks for the help guys, lemme know what you guys think of the look. As you can see, i dont have the running light bulbs in as i was trying to figure out what wires are what. No success lol

Attachments

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BAHH! All over town i went looking for a new bumper to buy, wanna know what they told me? Well im going to tell you anyways lol. One place told me there were no bumpers available all over Canada, and i went up to ford and they told me no actual ford bumpers were available, but a knock-off brand one i could get. But, that bumper would cost me almost 300 bucks lol. I couldnt help but laugh... Everywhere else, altho they didnt have any, were quoting me 50 to just over 100 bucks lol. So yet another speedbump. I put an add up on a local classifieds to see if anyone has one, hopefully something comes up.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and i fixed my light problems. Went to the shop and they told me that 2 of the wires were going to be positives, and the last a negative. And the just take 2 and hook them up different ways untill they lit up and hook them up that way. And the signals started working normally once the new bulb and socket was installed correctly.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
When is the lift going on?

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
It sucks what people will do to your vehicle when it's just sitting innocently on the street. Savages.

Good job repairing the rest of it, keep up the good work!

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys. And the lift will be going on as soon as i get the cash for the skyjacker leafs i want to go with. I dont think i will be able to do it myself tho, so it might have to wait a little longer to find someone that knows somewhat what he's doing lol. That, and i might replace the exhaust first. Right now its pretty much just one big exhaust leak lmao. Pipes are good, but i was stupid enough to let my friend try to install his glasspack on it.... All he did was saw off just before the muffler because if was rusted and throw his 2.5" glasspack on my 2" pipes... Just hanging there... and the rest of the pipes didnt fit because of his sawing...lol :bad:

But i am soooooo looking forward to the lift! Im hoping it wont look too ridiculous without the tires going on at the same time, it already sits up pretty high as it is now. It has 235/75s on there now. Wanted to go 33" tires with the 4" susp and 3" BL, but if treadwrights doesnt get them going again i may just run the 4" susp and 31"s untill i do the v8 swap and then do the BL. Either way, its going ^UP^ lol :icon_twisted:

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It sucks what people will do to your vehicle when it's just sitting innocently on the street. Savages.

Good job repairing the rest of it, keep up the good work!
I know man... And obviously i was trying to fix it up as it was sitting there with no front end lol. Just some drunk kids walking down the street thinking they are cool because they can wreck someone else's well-earned stuff and not get in crap for it. At least it isnt too bad of a dent, should just pop out hopefully the way it was whenever i get to that

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
go to amigos junkyard, i was there 2 weeks ago and saw some gen 2 bumpers.

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to say but that fender will not just pop right out.........I know it sucks, but either you will have to pay a paint-less dent removal guy some cash or buy a Certi-fit fender and get it painted. Parts from certi-fit are really cheap, paint on the other hand is not.

Getting just the parts you need painted at a cheap body shop will not be that expensive, but they will not match exactly. I doubt you care enough to spend the coin, no bad thoughts intended but just getting the new fenders painted should be good enough considering the age and condition of the truck pictured.

Also.......IFFFFFFF you plan on getting those new fenders painted I hope you didn't recycle the old ones, a paint/body shop will need the old ones to try and match the paint. It is one thing to match a paint code to a new car, it is a whole other story matching paint to an old truck/car.

Last edited:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hey nice to see the build coming along nicely. I can't wait to see the lift.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya i dont have much time at all to go to a junkyard, but im seeing if someone can go by there sometime for me if i give gas money. ANd that dent isnt "too" big of a deal i guess. Would have been nice if it didnt happen, but at least it doesnt look like i did it driving or something lol. Ill have to post some different pics because it looks alot better imo than those pics. Problem is i need a box with no rust because my rear end looks like shyt lol.

Thanks for the compliments guys

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
so.. sign up for photobucket.. makes posting pics easier lol.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so.. sign up for photobucket.. makes posting pics easier lol.
i never got the energy or patience to try to figure out how to use photbucket AND post pics lol. Sorry, ill likely get to it soon enough :icon_twisted:

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, i will when i get home.

Also, should i go with skyjacker softride 4" leafs for my rear lift? I am thinking it is a bit much for a DD which wont even be wheeled every weekend. That, and its expensive without shipping... Im afriad to look up what shipping will be lol... :/ But i also dont really want blocks or whatever for the rear. I want flex. Any better/cheaper alternatives? I have heard many things about using chevy leafs... How does this work and is it really that good? (Any other opinions are great too)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals