• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally found my sport...

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Picked up a 92 explorer sport 5spd 4x4 after years of always wanting one. The body is not tip top but the underside was super clean for a 92. Replaced a bad fuel pressure regulator, changed the oil and it fired right up. Has a flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter, otherwise all stock. Enough talking about it, on to some pics

Attachments

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 7FA902352B4C01: April 5th, 2021

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Congrats on your find.

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks dvd. I swapped some 31s on it after a stock tire let go. Then I have just been working on a few little things here and there. The 4x4 didn't work so i pulled the motor off the transfer case and pulled it apart after reading about the bushing going bad with age and sure enough it was gone. Replaced that piece with a small piece of plastic and it works like new again again. Door pins on the drivers door was shot so got them fixed and then started looking for wheels and tires. Found a set of 33s for 100 bucks and picked up 8 15x8 wheels for 300 bucks locally. Of course after that I had to buy a lift.....lol

Attachments

Josiah Morgan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I am happy that you finally found what you want. Make sure to keep us posted on the progress of this build.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Good score. I REALLY like it, but then I'm kind of partial to green Explorer Sports. Yours looks just like one of mine:

Do you have plans for the original wheels that were on it?

Congratulations, and I hope it gives you many miles and serves you well.

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Good score. I REALLY like it, but then I'm kind of partial to green Explorer Sports. Yours looks just like one of mine:

Do you have plans for the original wheels that were on it?

Congratulations, and I hope it gives you many miles and serves you well.

I don't currently have plans for the stock wheels. I was just going to throw them in the garage and have them in case of a bind.

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Took her out for a quick ride. All seems well, just to button up a few things. Not sure what will be next for it, other projects popping up now too! (clutch for the mustang) Lol

Attachments