• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Figure 8'in.....

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I tried to get into the outlaw stock class a few years ago. (Typical 80's RWD cars, mostly monte carlos). It was suppose to be a cheap class to run before moving up to the faster street stock class because it was street tires only, stock engine only, almost no modifications allowed at all. But the safety gear required made it stupid expensive.

Needed a certified racing seat and harness, safety fuel cell, roll bar, AGM battery, steel panels installed to separate the fuel cell, reinforced firewall, window nets, transmission shield, driveshaft loop etc etc etc.... you pick up a 500 dollar car to run and then spend 3 grand to get it to meet the safety requirements. They killed the class after 2 years cause there were only 4 or 5 people who even signed up.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Figure 8 car??

Car?!?!

Rusty 1.0!!
Im gonna let that poor truck rest in piece. Lol.

Nowadays, almost all of the beater series races require an ungodly amount of safety crap. Currently saving towards outfitting one of the parts trucks as a 24 Hours of Lemons entrant.

Isn't that the story of every Ford? Stomp on everything GM ever built all day long, then one big block Mopar comes along and ruins everything for everyone. ?
I was reading into that lemons shit, theres alotta teams who post on their message board who just want drivers. Ive thought about signing up with one to be a driver/mechanic. 250 bucks for a fire suit youre golden, plus, if theres anyone who knows how to keep shit running well after its time....its me :)

As far as that old LTD, it gave a valiant effort. Came down to us two in the final heat. That old 351 was only hittin 7 cylinders and was running hella hot. The C6 was still golden and ready to rock though.

We circled a few times like 2 dogs gettin ready to fight over a dead squirrel. I was trying to end it quick so i went full throttle right at his radiator/grill area, kinda offset hopin to get his front tire in the process, but we got locked up, by the time we got them ripped apart i was down to about 5 cylinders and a temp gauge that had been peaked for 10 minutes. It was still running but barely. That ol 440 was soundin good and come in for the kill, smoked me hard passenger side front corner and killed it. I hit the key it gasped a few times but...it was gone.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals