• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fiat now has a 35% stake in Chrysler

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Does that mean that we'll be able to buy a 4 x 4 panda soon.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Wouldn't that make Chrysler a non-domestic vehicle producer. But what there to save Chrysler is a big loss company. They need to bring back something like the k-car.

chittybangbang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If M-B couldn't fix Chrysler,then HTF will Fiat.

CJREX

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Having once owned a Fiat, or should I say having once been owned by a Fiat, I can only imagine the spectacular FAIL that will come from their combined engineering.

Pair the Chrysler inability to make a transmission with Fiat's inability to wire a vehicle and you'll get a car that will never make it far enough to destroy its 50k expected life transmission.

There's a saying about any used Chrysler product...

It is always in 1 of 3 conditions:

Needs a new transmission

Will soon need a new transmission

or just got a new transmission. :icon_twisted:

jefffmaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I guess we'll see more of these running around lol!

Actually, I owned one of these in the late 80's. Will say this for the pile of crap, fiat sure knew how to make the small motors hit high rpms. Motor was a bolt shaker though, always shook everything loose. Had to tighten the pop metal bolts all the time. I'm pretty sure this thing evolved into the Yugo when fiat merged with Yugo. Now that was a car!!! lol

euroranger

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.5 diesel
Transmission
Manual
I'm italian but i still hate fiat... those car sucks, they are expensive (can you believe it) oh, i almost forgot, they sucks again!
Beware, they are saying that they want to export the "500" to the US...
I just hope that they never gets their hands on Ford...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Having once owned a Fiat, or should I say having once been owned by a Fiat, I can only imagine the spectacular FAIL that will come from their combined engineering.

Pair the Chrysler inability to make a transmission with Fiat's inability to wire a vehicle and you'll get a car that will never make it far enough to destroy its 50k expected life transmission.

Needs a new transmission

They never could fix that tranny problem. Even with help from Mits. Didn't Chrysler at one point some time back, offered a lifetime powertrain warranty?

chittybangbang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Needs a new transmission

And for whatever reason Nissan has decided it would be a great idea to have those hacks build their trucks.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
And for whatever reason Nissan has decided it would be a great idea to have those hacks build their trucks.
WHAT? :icon_rofl:

It also has a deal with Japan’s Nissan, in which Chrysler will use a Mexican assembly plant to build a full-size pick-up truck for Nissan; Nissan, in turn, will use one of its Japanese plants to build a Chrysler-designed car.
Man is Nissan getting screwed.:sad: This could be ugly! Is Nissan going the way of Isuzu?

I have only had my Dodge magnum for 6mths, and it has been in the shop for the same transmission problem 3 times. I have had to take off work each time. The first visit to the repair shop I was charged $500 dollars because they said that it wasn't covered under my powertrain warranty. Within two weeks the same problem started.

I took it back and they told me that I needed to pay a $100.00 deductible this time, so I paid it because it was covered under my powertrain warranty. Mind you that I asked for a refund on the money for the first repair they referred me to customer service(This did no good) I could barely understand customer service personnel due to the foreign accent. The customer service really didn't care what happened with me and my car, they were in INDIA.

The same day I got my car back it began to do the same thing but worse. I was advised to call customer service in order to get a rental, out of the three visits I was allowed one two day rental. Out of all of the visits I have been without my car for approximately 21 days and counting. I feel that I should be treated fairly and apparently THIS DEALERSHIP DO NOT CARE. When I bought this car 6mths ago I bought a powertrain warranty just for kicks, I guess.

Last edited:

Copytech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
Having once owned a Fiat, or should I say having once been owned by a Fiat, I can only imagine the spectacular FAIL that will come from their combined engineering.:
Apparently you didn't know that Fiat owns Ferrari.:black_eye:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I own a Fiat....but.....there's not much 'Fiat' left in it, just the badges ;missingteeth;

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals