• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

FAZDA gettin some! Then stuck!

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Started as a nice day. Installing leveling coils....hey...then some fourwheeler riding......then I found a nice place to tool around in my truck.....

The NICE times:

Getting FAZDA dirty.....:D

ALL in ALL.....a great day.

BUT......then....what is this. Something more challenging.....a little mud off the right of the sand, so.... one last quick run before it's time to go.

Yet, this mud wasn't REALLY mud, oh no, it was mud/sand/quick sand/devil.

DARK TIMES:

Not so bad right? Quick tug from the rear....would have been out. Bad thing......no 4x4 to the tugging. Adam's truck was in Lincoln. So I dig....no use....then Adam and I go get Donna. We bring her back and he doesn't want to take it on the sand. So he pulls it forward.......further into the abyss.

No your eyes do not fool you...it was a pretty steep angle:

To the right, earth:

To the left.....only sky:

Front:

Back (great view btw):

No tractor shots, but Bode had it out with 2 tries with the elevators tractor. He left before I could offer him anything. I say I at least owe him a case of :beer:

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
I HATE mud like that. UGH.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice! getting stuck is fun sometimes... until you dont have someone to pull you out! lol.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I HATE mud like that. UGH.
It's the same stuff that will pull a tied boot off a foot. Very nasty stuff, lots of suction. Sticky.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i love the pics glad u got it out and u made my day and truck is lookin good

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks!

I want 33" MT's and a winch after all this. Lol. We'll see how soon it happens. Might be in line for a better job!

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Nice pics, looks like a fun day.

Its always that last challenge before going home that screws you lol. You just think to yourself (the same thought every trip too) "I'll just try this little area that I haven't driven over yet then I'll be on my way". Next thing you know you are STUCK. :yahoo:

I love my winch just for that reason, that first time it saved me made it worth the steep price tag that made me hesitant to get one in the first place. If I only get one use out of it then it was worth it (though I've used it multiply times since then).

Last edited:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Sig worthy :icon_rofl:
ha ha

Nice pics, looks like a fun day.

Its always that last challenge before going home that screws you lol. You just think to yourself (the same thought every trip too) "I'll just try this little area that I haven't driven over yet then I'll be on my way". Next thing you know you are STUCK. :yahoo:

I love my winch just for that reason, that first time it saved me made it worth the steep price tag that made me hesitant to get one in the first place. If I only get one use out of it then it was worth it (though I've used it multiply times since then).
yes. Exactly what happened.

I'm checking winches now. It'll probably be number 1 on the mod list now.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah....exact reason i'm not too fond of mud.....

and after seeing this Ranger owner lose 2 rims because there were rocks hiding in the mud......we helped him change the passenger side tire then about 10' later....swoooosh....the passenger side got a hole in the rim as well from another rock binding between the caliper and rim.....

check on the XRC-8 winch.....heard good stuff about it and for the price it can't be beat....
l8r, John

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
This post is friggin awesome, LOL Hilarious. I was gonna say be careful plowing into the water like that you dont wanna bust you rad fan, but hell man after that I bet the fanner knocked around all kindsa ways with mud on the blades. LOL

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
There was some rocks stuck between the rim on my driver's side. They weren't big or sharp enough to puncture though.

They did sand the rust off the caliper though! I have pics. I'll post them up sometime today or tomorrow.

EDIT*

Here we go.

Normal caliper:

"Self Cleaned" Caliper:

Last edited:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Ha ha....that's great!

I'm going back and forth between a harbor freight (road shock brand with a series wound motor) winch and the smitty bilt. Both have similar ratings. The difference being I can go pick up the harbor freight one and not have to wait for the smitty to ship. But as i'm sure on the smitty bilt being a good value, I can't say the same for the harbor freight.......:dunno:

Anyway, I wish I would have at least MT's to throw on when I go off-road. Then again....in that situation.....like my lockers, they may have just dug me 4 holes faster......lol :icon_rofl:

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
"one last quick run"

damn we've all been there. some guys in huge trucks reamed out my favorite muddy trench with their tires so the next time i went plowing through my front and rear axle were sitting on the pumpkins..

this was in my 69 f250 and i had a friend with me driving a small little mitsi montero..

i had to take the wheel of his and pull myself out haha i wish i got a video of his front wheels hopping off the ground about a foot trying to tug something out that was like double the size.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals