• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Family Guy, what do you think?

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have been a long time fan of Family guy, but lately the show has lost its spark, in a big way! I watched the new one on Fox tonight, didn't laugh once. Later turned it over to Adult Swim on Cartoon Network and watched one from 2008 (Play it again Brian) and still thought it was hilarious although I've seen it before...

Does anyone else on here watch this show? Is it still funny? If not, what went wring with it?

5.0 Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon to be 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I think family guy is still ok, but yes it has gone downhill a bit. I think that the writers are trying to hard to get laughs. just lost the simple humor. I loved the simpsons as a kid still think there great, but the new ones just don't have it. And haven't had it for a few years. ya some is still funny but not what it use to be. Same thing with family guy. Just my 2 cents.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it's pretty funny. It's stupid too, but whatever. Tonight's wasn't that funny though you're right, but it's still better than Bob's Burgers.

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bobs burgers is the worst!
I actually still like simpsons, for a while they were pretty bad but I think they've come back to being funny.

EMB1230

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
One of the latest really good episodes was the one that was banned here in America. While were on the subject, I think the Cleveland show sucks, yeah it's funny here and there but for the most part it's just Family Guy with black characters. American Dad on the other hand, is great, they really knocked it out of the park with that one!

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
By the time Seth made the Cleveland show I think he ran out of funny ideas, so yeah, It's bad...
American Dad however is still as good as Family guy was in its prime IMO.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like the 3 Family Guy parodies of Star Wars.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like the 3 Family Guy parodies of Star Wars.
i disagree, the first one was AWESOME, the second one was ok, the 3rd was not as good as it could have been... they didn't even use all family guy characters, i'm getting sick of family guy using american dad characters in their show!

as for the cartoons as a whole, simpsons is hit or miss, some of the new ones are funny as hell, others suck... family guy is similar, but more misses, road to the north pole was pretty funny... i love american dad though

i refuse to watch bob's burgers, i made that decision when i saw the first commercial with them... if the animators don't have the energy to draw chins, i don't watch... i caught about 5 minutes before muting the tv while i was looking at the guide to find something else, tonight, and it was just terrible! it reminds me a lot about a cartoon that was on a while ago, that was poorly drawn, the people's feet were the same color as their pants, and their hands were the same color as the shirt... home moviez or something?

the cleveland show i refuse to watch also, i don't think i need to explain why... it's a joke in it's self, and not a very funny one

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
With you 100% on "Bob's Burgers", and I've only seen it for about 15 minutes at work last week. Poor animation & artwork. Was kinda "stuck" watching it - one TV in the lunchroom. I don't get a chance to watch much night-time TV with my work hours, though....can't really comment on the "decline" of F-Guy.

Used to love The Simpsons, but haven't watched for years. Watched the "movie" a few months ago, and thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen....like it was a parody of itself. One of the coolest things about The Simpsons is seeing what Bart is writing on the blackboard.

One show I miss is "God, The Devil & Bob". Not extremely well-drawn either, but funny. I own the entire series on DVD. It was on TV in 2000; supposed to be on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim now.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
never heard of god the devil and bob... i actually really liked the simpsons movie... when they brought it out, that's when simpsons kinda started going downhill... the quality jumped enormously, but that's about it...

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought The Simpsons movie was pretty good. Basically just a 1.5 hour episode of the show..

I think Family guy has gone downhill for a few reasons:
The new computer gen. animation style is distracting.
Peter has become too stupid. He was always dumb, bur now they just make it ridiculous.
A new character always needs to be introduced for one show.
Too many running gags, no new ideas.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i like it, i dont really follow it, but i'll watch it if there's nothing else on.

jhammel85

Did you ever see the South Park episode where they made fun of it and said it's dialog is basically conceived by Manatees in a pool?....That's pretty much how I see the show, lol.

In all fairness though, I bought the DVDs in 2002 and watched it up until the 1st season that it returned. After that it just seemed pretty stupid IMHO.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i think the random references to actors that no one has ever heard of is the reason i watch less family guy. and i agree with k-slice that peter has become too stupid, i can only watch peter fall down and grab his knee and go AHHH!!!! so many times (exactly 3 times) before its not funny anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals