• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Face lifting, parts involved?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm getting ready to convert my 99 to the Edge nose and probably 05-07 front bumper. Trying to make a list so I know what all I need to get to complete this job.

For the Edge nose I know that I'll need:
  • Hood (already installed)
  • Grill
  • Header Panel
  • Headlights
  • Marker lights

For the 05-07 bumper I'll need:
  • Impact bar
  • Upper Bumper Cover
  • Lower Bumper Cover
  • Fog Light assemblies

What I'm unsure about is smaller parts and hardware that I might need for each and any parts I may be missing. Is there a guide somewhere that I might have missed?

Also unsure about wiring for converting the lighting, but I'll ask in the electrical section about that.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks for trying to help with the link, but not really. That would be for going from the '94-97 front end up to a 98+ front end. The linked swap is a lot more involved because the underlying structure (IE: core support, inner fenders) is different.

The problem isn't really installing the parts. I've already got the later model 98+ underlying structure so it's all bolt on, I'll be able to figure that part out easily enough. I'm not sure about all of the parts I need to have for bolting it on, so the issue is ensuring that I have all of the right parts to install before getting started.

Easiest solution would be to source everything from a u-pull-it junkyard so I can it pull and know that I have every bit needed. Unfortunately, I don't have that option. Have you ever heard the term food desert to refer to an area that has a lack of food options? Well, where I live is both that and a junkyard desert. I can overcome the food part in the next town over which I drivew to for work anyway, but the nearest pick-n-pull is a 2-3 hour drive and no gurantee of getting what you need. There are some non-selfservice junkyards in the town where I work, but past experiences cause me to avoid them. Besides, a traditional junkyard doesn't help much if I can't see the parts being removed and ensure that I get everything.

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Fordzilla80;2215907 said:
For the bumper, you're missing the plastic impact braces on either side. They mount to the impact bar and give shape to the upper bumper cover..
I've got this same question posted on more than one site. A member of another site brought up some plastic impact braces missing from my list above. When I look at puctures of the impact bar I see what looks like a brace riveted onto either end, but they appear to be metal and not plastic. Looking at the Ford parts website I do see some other plastic pieces, but I can't tell where they go or what they do from the exploded views. Could the Fillers or Isolators listed below be the impact braces he is refering to?

It also looks like I'll need headlight retainer clips for both sides on the grill swap.

I'm not giving up on finding used parts, but I'm not holding my breath for it either. It seems unlikely at this point, so I'm preparing for going with all new parts.

I'm going to start an actual parts list here with part numbers and links (click p/n) I find for each part. I'm not saying that I'll use OEM parts, but having the Ford part numbers will make it easier to search. Links will be to OEMFORDPART.COM because at the time I'm typing this the official Ford parts website is down for maintenance.

'01-'03 Edge/4x4 grill swap:
'06-'07 Bumper Swap:
* quantities listed per LMC Truck catalog

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals