• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

F2T swap?

JCard

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok here it goes... while I was surfing around the internet I some how found myself looking at mazda motors and ended up looking at the F2T (Turbo Ford Probe Motor) which is the turbo version of the F2 motor which is the motor used in the mazda B2200. After comparing the Ford 2.3T motor and the Mazda(Ford) 2.2T motor it looks like the 2.2T would produce much more torque and a little more HP than the 2.3T at equal boost levels this would be due to the 94mm stroke and 86mm bore compared to the 2.3T's 79.5mm stroke and 96mm bore. Also the availability of the 2.2T around where I live is good, I have seen as many as 3 turbo probes at the junkyard at one time. After looking at a 93' B2200 it looks like it is only a 2WD truck this might foil the plans of putting it in a 94' 4x4 ranger (any input on what trans it has?). What about electrical? does this truck use the EEC-IV ECU? any other suggestion about this being a good or bad idea LMK also has anybody tried this before?

JCard

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok after reading a bit about mazda transmissions I found the B2200 has a M5M-D trans and the ranger has a M5OD but... the site I was looking on said the pre-93 mazda transmissions are very interchangeable so maybe a hybrid would be possible. EDIT: can any one post pics of a disassembled M5OD trans from the rear? the M5M-D trans looks like a 3 piece unit and the M5OD looks like a two piece one maybe the tail shaft from the M5OD will bolt to the M5M-D???

Last edited:

JCard

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
nobody knows anything about this???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals