• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

F150 shocks for Ranger?!

sweetfeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hows it going everyone?

I just received my 2 inch lift coils in the mail for my 1991 Ford Ranger. I want to put newer shocks on my Ranger, and longer ones to make up for the lift. My question is whether or not the F150 shocks (not coil springs) will bolt on correctly?

I know I can purchase extended Ranger shocks, but I want to keep the price down and found a cheap pair of F150 shocks from a '97. Thank you in advance for all the responses.

P.S. I am installing the springs tomorrow, so quick replies would be appreciated.

-SweetFeet

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
go to oreily's auto parts web site and look up your front shocks then add the amount of lift to what it says is your shock length. Then look up any other truck. On ebay there is a guy that sells shocks cheap. The description will tell you. http://www.ebay.com/usr/rcscratchanddent
I got rear shocks for 6.00 a piece or 25. for 2 shipped.

BrendenP99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Im using 97 f150 shocks right now on my 91 and they work just that you have to drill out the bushing on the shock so there not a direct fit but if you drill it out they work. Actually what i did because i didnt have a big enough drill bit was take the new bushing out and but the ranger bushing in the f150 shock.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals