• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

F**king Rust!

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I found out why my ranger makes such obnoxious noises when I hit bumps or come up my driveway. The whole front Body is moving around thanks to the salt we use. Front Rad cradle is gone as are the mounts pretty much.

NY winters: 1 My ranger: 0

Its not weldable, I cant grind a clean surface onto anything. Its all just flaking away.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Right there with ya, man. I just got my new rad support in the mail the other day, ordered it off ebay. Super light, though - has me a little concerned on how it's gonna hold up this winter.

Good luck with that!

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Im not even gonna bother replacing it. It looks pretty straight forward and the parts price isn't bad but I already have a new truck. I'd hit the new one you got in the mail with some rustoleum spray paint before you put it on. Can only help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals