• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorer Leather Seats

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2000 Expolrer 2dr 4x4 sport w/ leather bucket seats... the leather is starting to wear and i called ford and got a price for replacement upholstry, there nuts! they want $800.00 for a complete leather replacement for ONE seat. I dont want to put seat covers on.. is there any other place that might sell and aftermarket leather replace upholstry for that explorer??

Thanks,
Chaz.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
What a deal! You'd better jump on that, before they change their mind.

Just kidding; and kidding aside I'd check with as many automotive upholstery shops as you can. The dealership is likely quoting you on replacing the OEM seat coverings (note: "covers" = the leather that's there, not a slip-over add-on seat cover). I doubt that there's any aftermarket yet on leather stock-matching 2000 model upholstery; beating up the net might find out. So basically, you're looking at finding a better deal (than the dealership) on the OEM covers. A good upholstery shop may have a better line on the Ford covers; or, can possibly peice in good panel-only matches on your existing covers.

You should be able to do a lot better than the Ford dealership, but still it likely won't be real cheap unless you can find a real good deal on a whole replacement seat, like from a junker. Repairing yours involves labor, which is costly. If you can score the OEM seat covers, it's actually not that hard to replace them yourself. Good luck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals