• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorer brake HELP needed!!!

robco

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Problem: Warped/bent/deformed backing plate on 94 explorer axle.

Preferred solution: Replacement backing plates shipped to my house.

The issue i am having is trying to figure out what fits. Every search i make winds up with 9" stuff. I don't want to switch to disc as i would have to buy a kit because swapping the axle is out of the question (already been re-geared).

I might just need some clarification. So far this is the unconfirmed information i have gathered. Maybe if some one could solidly confirm it.....

'94 explorer 8.8" is a large bearing "torino" style
The backing plate offset is 2.5"?

I saw Currie Enterprises carries 11" loaded backing plates for $219 for a "torino" style 8.8.....however the guy i spoke to said for sure those wouldn't fit a 94 explorer.....

I NEED BRAKES!!!!

Please help...... Ive searched and seen all of the possible responses that aren't real answers.

Im not looking for the following answers:

Go to a junk yard.(no junk yards near me)

Buy a 95 explorer axle with discs and swap. (my current axle has already been regeared)

Use the search button (i have, for days now, it takes you all the way to Toyota supra forums and gives you useless amounts of information about hot rods and 9" rear ends)

I would just like to find somewhere online i can purchase backing plates for a 8.8" rear end off a 94 ford explorer that has already been re-geared and i can still run my 15" wheels.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals