• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorer blinker issue

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I havnt been on here in a long time, been busy and havnt been able to do any thing to my origanal Ranger BUT the short story for those of you who remember me I moved I now live in Texas.

I just bought a 95 Explorer XLT 4wd, and every thing works great. The day after I bought it i put my stereo in it and ran all my wires to install an amp later but the wiring harness only worked for the power and stuff. I had to cut and splice the speeker wires (which was annoying since every thing wasnt color coded and took a while to figure them out) but got it all to work fine.

Now though, when ever I turn left my blinker works just fine but when I use my Right blinker it makes an annoying buzzing noise and the lights dont even light up. Are the blinkers wiring some how attached to the radio or is it just a an odd thing that the blinker switch went out as I put my stereo in it.

Any ways Any information will be appreciated. Im going to go out in just a bit and do some investigating and see if i can figure out what is going on also.

Thanks
Charlie

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
the stereo is not connected to the blinkers. there IS a wire behind the dash for dimmer controls at the radio...how do your dash lights and outside marker lights work?

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok did some investigating and found a wire that was worn through and was shorting out on a piece of metal. I was just asking cause I have heard some vehicles had the computer ran through the radio (mostly on Some chevys i hav heard but hey you never know) thats why I asked I didnt think they did on the explorer but it had happend just after I installed the stereo so I was confused about that lol. Any ways thanks for your responce there Wicked sludge. THe outside lights didnt even work to answer your question just a buzz and no lights at all, only the left side worked. I couldnt get to the wire today, was a lil hard to reach and was running out of time so as long as i dont lower my stearing wheel to far its fine, tomarrow Im going to take every thing apart on the stearing column and fix it properly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals