• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EVGA no longer partners with Nvidia

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
As the title says EVGA has broken off relations with Nvidia. This means that EVGA will not be producing 40 series GPU's and is shuttering its GPU plants. EVGA is an AIB (Add In Board) partner that strictly made Nvidia GPU's and wouldn't produce any AMD GPU's. Just recently EVGA has started making AMD motherboards as they used to be a strict Intel motherboard producer. While the company will still produce PSU's, Motherboards, Coolers ect. they are dropping the GPU part of the business.

What does this mean if you have a 30 series EVGA GPU? EVGA has said that they have held some stock back to cover failures and RMA's so rest assured that your warranty is still valid.

Here is an article with links to talking heads videos from Gamers Nexus and Jay's two Cents that had direct contact with EVGA's heads and explanations. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-abandons-the-gpu-market-reportedly-citing-conflicts-with-nvidia

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I read about that on another Forum. Most opinions were that its not that big of a deal, but that EVGA had a great return and warranty policy that was best in industry. I haven't any opinion, other than competition is better for pricing.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
No loss to me. I haven't been impressed by EVGA's offerings recently anyway. Most recent item was an Z15 RGB gaming keyboard. Not quite a year later the LEDs started acting up, mostly color shifting and it isn't in the settings. Just one at the time, but now several. I'll give them the good warranty though, it has a 3 year warranty so almost another 2 year left on it, I just haven't been willing to give it up for RMA yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals