• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Emission Removal on 2.3L??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zer0PSI

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why am I responding...Uh it's a forum thats what people do.

Yes I completely understand your point that removing the EGR will not make a signifigant if any gain in power. But I dont understand how me removing me EGR is going to destroy the environment (IT'S 1 VEHICLE). And with Megasquirt I can control most of the engines parameters anyways. If your car is just a grocery getter then I wouldnt bother removing any emissions equipment anyways, but mine is not.

And as for the bit about the 60's gas hog I was just making a point that I could pollute the air (legally) alot more than I am now if I wanted to.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Why am I responding...Uh it's a forum thats what people do.
Ok, that's fair.

Yes I completely understand your point that removing the EGR will not make a signifigant if any gain in power. But I dont understand how me removing me EGR is going to destroy the environment (IT'S 1 VEHICLE).
Yes, it's one vehicle, but we who modify our trucks have a responsibility to an example to others. As for contributing to environmental destruction, perhaps you ought to route the exhaust from your truck directly into the cab. My point is that I don't want to breathe your exhaust any more than you do, so why impose the extra pollution on the rest of us?

And with Megasquirt I can control most of the engines parameters anyways. If your car is just a grocery getter then I wouldnt bother removing any emissions equipment anyways, but mine is not.
I run Megasquirt also, but my EGR is still working and I've recently gone through the provincial Air Care testing program to make sure that it isn't polluting excessively. Removing your EGR for the sake of three pathetic horsepower makes no sense . . .

What's so special about you that makes you above the law? Why do emissions requirements only apply to "grocery getter" vehicles? I've heard this kind of thing from a LOT of people in the past--it isn't just you.

I've got all the emissions equipment functioning on my truck, and I'm not hurting for power.

And as for the bit about the 60's gas hog I was just making a point that I could pollute the air (legally) alot more than I am now if I wanted to.
We could all drive Model T's too. Big deal!

Why INCREASE air pollution? Everyone has to breathe. Do your part!

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
I knew this thread couldn't last...

Zer0PSI

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Almost everyone has a different view about emissions and emissions laws, and since there are none in my county i'm not breaking the law.

And as for the EGR, running a high lift cam with quite a bit of overlap, it wouldnt make any sense to keep the EGR, because i'm already getting a good amount of exhaust into the combustion chambers anyways.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
And as for the EGR, running a high lift cam with quite a bit of overlap, it wouldnt make any sense to keep the EGR, because i'm already getting a good amount of exhaust into the combustion chambers anyways.
off subject, but im sorry...wrong again.

the goal for overlap is to allow exhaust scavanging to effect the intake air stream...starting the intake air into motoin towards the cylinder before the piston even starts its movement towards the bottom of the cylinder. this in itself increases the engines pumping efficiency (at high rpm, its hard to get the air to completely fill the cylinder before the intake valve slams shut. starting the air towards the cylinder while the piston is still at TDC is a "head start"). it also allows for more complete evacuation of the cylinder by allowing fresh air to be drawn in behind the spent a/f mixture.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
But I dont understand how me removing me EGR is going to destroy the environment (IT'S 1 VEHICLE).
Yes, it's only 1 vehicle, and there are thousands of people like you who think "I can remove my emmisions equipment, it's only 1 vehicle, what harm can it do?" and it's the thousands of people like you TOGETHER that hurt the environment.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Yes, it's only 1 vehicle, and there are thousands of people like you who think "I can remove my emmisions equipment, it's only 1 vehicle, what harm can it do?" and it's the thousands of people like you TOGETHER that hurt the environment.
Well said, sir, well said.

And with that ends this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals