• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electronic Active Suspension

Wrath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I totaled my 09 Rangers a month back when a guy pulled out of a driveway into my lane of travel. I went out and got a 2011 Ranger XLT. Asked the same suspension shop how much for a four inch lift and here was his reply that I am hoping is not true....
the 2010 and 2011 models have an Active Ride suspension that is electronically controlled. Unfortunately there is nothing available to lift it

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

Sorry you lost your last Ranger, hope that was the only "injury"

Its called AdvanceTrac/Roll Stability Control I think

Article here on it: https://jalopnik.com/2010-ford-ranger-now-with-advancetrac-and-roll-stabili-5147588

Yes, when you lift up the body then the tilt sensors are higher and become more sensitive to "roll over", I can't find the post but thought if you moved the sensors down lower where they would have been before the lift, things would be fine????

I can't say where the sensors are, lol, but there has to be angle sensors, not an ABS thing, although ABS is used as part of the reaction to to steep of an angle

From the article above "with a gyroscopic roll sensor", so maybe its just the one sensor

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Welcome to TRS :)

Sorry you lost your last Ranger, hope that was the only "injury"

Its called AdvanceTrac/Roll Stability Control I think

Article here on it: https://jalopnik.com/2010-ford-ranger-now-with-advancetrac-and-roll-stabili-5147588

Yes, when you lift up the body then the tilt sensors are higher and become more sensitive to "roll over", I can't find the post but thought if you moved the sensors down lower where they would have been before the lift, things would be fine????

I can't say where the sensors are, lol, but there has to be angle sensors, not an ABS thing, although ABS is used as part of the reaction to to steep of an angle

From the article above "with a gyroscopic roll sensor", so maybe its just the one sensor
There used to be seperate pitch and yaw sensors on the earlier versions of RSC. Later on both those pieces were integrated to the air bag module, hard to relocate that.

But stability control doesn't sound like what the OP was told. It's just an advanced ABS routine designed to help stabilize a roll and has nothing to do with active suspension. High end Expeditions and Crown Vics and their Lincoln counter-parts are the only FoMoCo vehicles I know of that ever had any sort of active suspenions, and those were part of an air-ride package.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I totaled my 09 Rangers a month back when a guy pulled out of a driveway into my lane of travel. I went out and got a 2011 Ranger XLT. Asked the same suspension shop how much for a four inch lift and here was his reply that I am hoping is not true....
the 2010 and 2011 models have an Active Ride suspension that is electronically controlled. Unfortunately there is nothing available to lift it

Wrath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Then I really don’t have a suspension option I take it. Body lifts look off with the gap they create unless there is something out there new? I would really like to get some 33’s on it.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well most people don't lift 2wd trucks, so there isn't a huge demand for that. Not really any profit in making one.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
One option is to get the rubber gap covers LMC sells. Assuming they are still in stock. Basically, all they are is a piece of rubber or vinyl that covers and hides the gap between the frame and the bed.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Is it a 2wd, I don't see anything either way. And even if it is 2wd, is it coil or torsion bar suspension.
If it is torsion bar front suspension, the Rough Country lift can be made work. Just becomes a matter of how creative you want to be​
(I know it is in 2wd suspension area, but always worth asking).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals