• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electrical Issue

Spencer Elder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Why would Electrial shut off/start to die on my 88 ford ranger when i give it gas to accelerate my radio dies and the lights dim as if im pulling a huge power load but only when i accelerate i have cheked the battery replaced the + and- power cables and alternator and it seems like it all started after i pulled this girl out of a snow drift and had a strong rubber smell now all this wasn't sure if that caused anything
thnks spencer

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like you have some burned wires somewhere. i would check the power wire at the back of the alternator.

Spencer Elder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
well i just replaced it after this started happining i judt dono im stumpped on all aspects in thinking about just taking to this shop where they will do basic diag. for 40 to 50 bucks but it would be nice to figure it out by my self i even checked the starter wires just to see if that could be it but i might recheck them agian just to make sure

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
Why would Electrial shut off/start to die on my 88 ford ranger when i give it gas to accelerate my radio dies and the lights dim as if im pulling a huge power load but only when i accelerate i have cheked the battery replaced the + and- power cables and alternator and it seems like it all started after i pulled this girl out of a snow drift and had a strong rubber smell now all this wasn't sure if that caused anything
thnks spencer
HMMM

how about the belts?? what kind of condition are they in??
IS this auto tranny?? Maybe check the cooler lines up by the radiator... gotta pin hole spraying the belts after the snow pile???

just thoughts...hope it helps

Spencer Elder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
so i took it to this shop and both my motor mounts bolts are snaped and an electrical fire started by the gas pedel and they found out my front axel is shot im instructed to keep the hubs unlocked and it out of 4 so i want to know what you guys think it will take and how much i would be they don't know exactaly what is wrong but i think it's might be the spider gears

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
so i took it to this shop and both my motor mounts bolts are snaped and an electrical fire started by the gas pedel and they found out my front axel is shot im instructed to keep the hubs unlocked and it out of 4 so i want to know what you guys think it will take and how much i would be they don't know exactaly what is wrong but i think it's might be the spider gears
WOW~ that must of been a pretty good shot into the snow.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend & what you can do yourself...things like that.

Probably best to get whole donor truck or replacement component's from the salvage yard...there most likely going to be other suspension and drive line parts compromised too. just things to concider.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals