• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EGR valve???

Yoder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
how is everyone, new here mostly been on powerstroke forums and now them fron to back and got my 95 i while back to keep the stoke in the barn, so i checked codes and it threw for bad EGR valve?? how easy to change??
any input would be appreciated, thanks

Moreflying

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Vacuum check the valve first before replacing it. If it holds for a good five to ten minutes the EGR valve diaphragm is good. Then pull it if needed to see if it seats and clean it. EGR is not he hard to change. 2 bolts and the large fitting to the exhaust. Make sure the upstream and downstream lines to the ecu sensor pressure differential are clear. It could also be the syliniod that actuates vacuum to the EGR.

grandpa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If it's like a 97, it shouldn't be too hard. Hardest part will be the air line from the exhaust pipe up. Use liberal penetrant spray of your choosing. Then two mount bolts and a vacuum line.

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
how is everyone, new here mostly been on powerstroke forums and now them fron to back and got my 95 i while back to keep the stoke in the barn, so i checked codes and it threw for bad EGR valve?? how easy to change??
any input would be appreciated, thanks
what were the codes......99% of the time it is the DPFE sensor

Yoder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
it just said code for the EGR valve i guess its wat the dumb Advanced guy said it will only throw it at high rpms, i changed my exhaust and welded so from unhookin the battery it cleared it, do all four banger come with a header??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals