• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.5L ('98-'01) EGR tube removal

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
What size is the EGR tube nut on the exhaust manifold end? I have nothing that I can get in there to remove it. It's big. I want to try and find a crow foot wrench to fit it. Otherwise, I'll be trying to use my rotary tool to cut it off.

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
I was sent this video but my manifold and EGR tube are different and it can't be reached with a wrench. Maybe this will help someone else.

WhiteWolf64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/ranger
Transmission
Manual
What size is the EGR tube nut on the exhaust manifold end? I have nothing that I can get in there to remove it. It's big. I want to try and find a crow foot wrench to fit it. Otherwise, I'll be trying to use my rotary tool to cut it off.
i took the hood off first. 11/6 wrench plenty of penetrant overnight. mine came off with muscle and a cheater pipe. same down low. pain but can be done.😀

WhiteWolf64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/ranger
Transmission
Manual
i used a 11/16 wrench lots of penetrant over night. take the hood off for up top. cheater pipe and muscle. same for down low

Xyke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
On my 2001 2.5L First spray it with a good penetrating oil let it soak in for a few minutes and spray it again, I use a 1-1/16" open end wrench(fits both fittings on pipe), which needs to be flipped often, Be careful not to crack or break double male fitting from EGR line into Manifold. I learned the hard way and needed to remove manifold and hacksaw out broken piece.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals