• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EGR for duraspark

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I have been trying to get the EGR on my 2.8 working after the duraspark conversion. I think I have it figured out I bought a universal EGR tomco 10427 with two ports one is connected to ported vacuum on the carb and the other I connected to a vacuum restrictor that is vented to the air horn on the carb bringing in filtered air. The way it is working is it lowers the vacuum to the egr to about 4hg max with manifold vac at 20hg rpm around 3000. The EGR comes with a variety of washers I am using the second smallest one I cant remember the size. Anyway the engine seems alot peppier and I am hopeing for better gas mileage.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I figured since my 2.8 is giving me 10mpg, Ill just drop a 5.0 in her, still get 10mpg (or maybe better) and have that much more engine to get me around.

My truck does great but wont go over 60 mph easily and regearing will cost more then I will want to. With my 5.0, gearing I have should do the trick plus I plan on upgrading the rear end anyways, would do that for regearing anyways.

But for guys wanting to keep their 2.8, keep finding out what it takes to get the most out of them.

One of the best things I saw guys get out of them was to make them TBI. I did it but didnt have the time to fine tune it, let alone tune it much, and was getting like 8mpg. But knowing now about the TBI swap and using a 2.9 harness would have helped alot. Guys have reported getting 20mpg with TBI.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Right now my 2.8 is getting 16 mixed and hopeing for 18 or better with a new torque converter.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals