• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

eb question

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya... D30's are complete piles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJZb7c-DiU

Do a YT search and youll see plenty of D30's taking abuse...

This is a pointless arguement... Like I said above... D30's are suffcient for most mild RBV builds...

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
thats exactly how you have to wheel in hot springs too!! I would of been screwed had I gone there with my V6. Not my type of wheeling, but it was fun.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
There is no way in hell I would put my truck through that no matter what axle I am running.

At the time I also didnt want something was just bolt in such as a D35 with drop brackets, you see those trucks in my area all the time. But I have yet to see another SAS RBV in my area or in person and have had people come up to me and just love my truck and they know what I have done to it to along with questioning me on how I did it or things on it that they didnt know that you can do. You wont get all of that with a bolt in setup, not like I was going for attention or anything with what I did to my truck. I just wanted to build something that I could go trail driving, mudding, etc and have a good time and still drive her home at the end of the day.

This truck also isnt just something that I built to have fun in, I built it so that I can learn how to fab and do things to vehicles that I didnt already know and I am still learning. And by watching what others have done to their vehicles on TRS, I learn and get ideas then apply them to my truck as for example my brake lines that I have for the front axle. I would have never though of running them down the longarms until I was told about it. And it is just one of the many things from here that has been applied to my truck.

Now if the proper D44 landed in my lap, then it may end up under my truck sooner or later, but Im not going to pay to upgrade components, such as the front axle, on my truck when I dont need to and some may agree with me on that and some may not.

And due to not just limited funds but also limited time, I havent been able to go wheeling either. Sometimes the best I can do is when Im with my gf and take her down a gravel road at speed and hit mud puddles and making the truck a mess, which makes her laugh and put a smile on my face and thats what makes me happy and anybody can do that no matter what your setup is as long as your having fun and a great time.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oh so you have a comp buggy. Cool! post pics. Going to start a build thread. Not really exciting collecting parts. Actually, just started the build yesterday.
Am I an 11B? No. I am a 25U aka RTO.
Not too shamtastic at all. Right there with the grunts.
46th ECB @ Ft. Polk attached to 2-30in/10MTN (sort of, just was on their KOP, we had to supply our own inner/outer cordons and shit)
Feel for you, anything in La. sucks.
17th Fires BCT here @ Lewis, 1-377 Field Artillery.
Hell yeah, artillery muthah fuggah!
:icon_thumby:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, it's really cool that you sas'd your truck, danger. Not ragging on that. I just would have sold my dog and spare washer/dryer and got a junkyard 44. Just me. If all you're doing is splashing puddles, that's cool, I've done that a thousand times. But here in Tn, God must have put all the HUGE rocks here and routed all the creeks around them, so we get spin-grab-spin, which any wheeler will tell you is destructive to an axle. You just can't make a 30 survive HERE. I just can't imagine the great white north being all that much different. Except much flatter. And the people talk funny...

boondockboost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i got mixed answers on this lol so im guessing that it could be a 30 but it has balljoints so i think its a 44. i got a d35 now with 35s i wheel the crap outta my truck and i deff wouldnt wanna waste my time putting a d30 in. i want the 44 just guess i have to look into it more to see if it actually a 44. thanks for the help

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Like I said different parts of the country require different types of axles/setups for different types of wheeling.

Pictures of your axle would help us all out on exactly what you have.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
11B and 25U sound like something from bingo.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's threads like this that give TRS a bad name.

To the OP I would stick with the D35 for now if it is working for you. Then wait till you can afford to go to a 60 if you want to go bigger.

And if anyone wants to slam on my truck thats fine, its basically stock

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Attention:

5BrothersFabrication
Foxracin
NMB2

Knock off all the crap. I've read this post and one in a thread on the tailgate and I'm tired of trying to figure out who's wrong, who's right, and who needs banned.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals