jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, iv got a new solution to the hanging rpms without even messin with the idle air solonoid.. when u take off ur intake tube u will notice right at the bottom left of the throttle opening there is a port that lets air into the idle solonoid. i shoved a piece of rubber into the port to limit how much air can get through.. i am getting symilar results of running a restrictor plate but i think that this new method will not trip the engine light.. i will run it for a few more days and let u know if i get an engine light or not

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well been runnin this set up for 4 days now and no engine light.. if u have a manual tranz 2.3 duratec and dont like having to wait for several seconds with the clutch in to make a smooth shift, i wud highly recomend givin this a try

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
shoving foreign objects in the intake is a very bad idea :icon_surprised:

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i was kinda worried bout it getting pulled into the manifold but its pretty dam wedged.. its really hard to get it out.. its workin pretty well for me

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
until it gets hard and brittle from repeated heating and cooling and starts to spit dry-rotted chunks of rubber into the cylinders :icon_thumby:

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oooooooo very good point. well shit man. this stupid hanging rpm crap is really pissin me off. when runnin a restrictor plate that brings rpms down at a more normal rate, it throws an engine light and sometimes has trouble starting

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
drill a larger hole in your restrictor plate.

the hose is doing the exact same thing as a restrictor plate. if the hose works, there should be absolutely no reason a plate should work. its just a matter of tuning it to function like you want it to.

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
man iv made 8 different plates.. iv got some that dont throw a engine light but dont bring rpms down fast enough.. for some reason the piece of rubber isnt setting off a light.. i have no idea why it wouldnt throw a code, maybe cause its further away from the solonoid?? i have no clue.. could a tuner address the problem?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im sure if a guy really wanted to get into it he could design a tune that brought the idle down faster...but thats an aweful lot of work for something thats little more than an annoyance :dunno:

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i hear ya.. but man it really makes it a pain to drive wen u have to wait 5 seconds between each gear.. its either that or slip the clutch to bring it down(cant be good for that clutch).. i think im going to try a piece of rubber from a dirt bike tire to stuff the port..