• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duraspark upgrade on my 84 B2

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
question on the conversion on my 84 2.8,
Looking for the carb without buying a new one has been... lets say .... a challange. I'll buy all the other parts new but the carb i can rebuild if one is found.
Today while looking at the local yard i found a 78 capri with the 2.8/171 in it suprisingly enough EVERYTHING was still under the hood. Will this motocraft 2bbl off the capri work?
Everything i've read talks about the mustang and pinto. I'm pretty sure this will work but thought i'd ask before the purchase just to be safe.

(I may just grab all the parts while i'm there, not sure yet)

Thanks
Buck

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Sure, it bolts on. Just make sure it has the kick down linkage if you have a C5 in your Bronco.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Plus 1 on the kickdown, capri pinto mustang II same animal. Grab the module, distributor and harness also and just use the stock TFI coil out of your truck. Check the throttle butterfly shaft for slop if it wiggles up and down it makes it unserviceable they stick and is a vacuum leak.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I put #43 jets in mine and greatly improve performance and fuel mileage. 1.08 venturi 2150 non feedback carb. It took three carbs until I found a good one ebay sucks for used carbs. The one I am running now was on a friends shelf he has a small auto repair shop I gave him $20.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I can get all the parts, distributer, ignition mod, carb, and probably the harness for under 100. I'll be stopping tomorrow on the way home from work and grabbing it. I'll just get a kit and rebuild the carb, no big deal there.

thanks for the conformation on these parts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals